Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 - that never worked

Bought it in Microsoft Emloyee store (in Charlotte NC, with gift certificate
they gave me as thank you for attending their class) - keyboard worked fine
but mouse never did from the getgo (different bateries, line of sight (same
as keyboard) tried switching freq, connect button all the troubleshooting
steps...

On micorosft.com the only option for support other than the vary limited
knowlege base is phone or email - that you have to pay ($35 - more than
hardware was) for !?!?

I will never ever buy another piece of Microsoft labeled hardware - not even
an X Box....

"Microsoft" <ristic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Bought it in Microsoft Emloyee store (in Charlotte NC, with gift
> certificate they gave me as thank you for attending their class) -
> keyboard worked fine but mouse never did from the getgo (different
> bateries, line of sight (same as keyboard) tried switching freq, connect
> button all the troubleshooting steps...
>
> On micorosft.com the only option for support other than the vary limited
> knowlege base is phone or email - that you have to pay ($35 - more than
> hardware was) for !?!?
>
> I will never ever buy another piece of Microsoft labeled hardware - not
> even an X Box....

You don't need to call the tech support number to get hardware replacement.
There's another number for replacing hardware. If you Google these groups
you'll find if you can find it at Microsoft's site. Or maybe someone here
will post it for you.

Perhaps a cursory inspection of the documentation included with the
product would reveal a method of correcting the issue you have with a
defective item?

Microsoft wrote:

> Bought it in Microsoft Emloyee store (in Charlotte NC, with gift certificate

Call ms parts and replacement at 1-800-360-7561.
Have the product and proof of purchase (i.e. the shipping slip or whatever
came with the shipment) on hand when you call.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Microsoft" <ristic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Bought it in Microsoft Emloyee store (in Charlotte NC, with gift
> certificate they gave me as thank you for attending their class) -
> keyboard worked fine but mouse never did from the getgo (different
> bateries, line of sight (same as keyboard) tried switching freq, connect
> button all the troubleshooting steps...
>
> On micorosft.com the only option for support other than the vary limited
> knowlege base is phone or email - that you have to pay ($35 - more than
> hardware was) for !?!?
>
> I will never ever buy another piece of Microsoft labeled hardware - not
> even an X Box....

Thanks!

"Jason Tsang" <jason-onlineDEL@ETEmvps.org> wrote in message
> Call ms parts and replacement at 1-800-360-7561.
> Have the product and proof of purchase (i.e. the shipping slip or whatever
> came with the shipment) on hand when you call.
>
> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "Microsoft" <ristic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Bought it in Microsoft Emloyee store (in Charlotte NC, with gift
>> certificate they gave me as thank you for attending their class) -
>> keyboard worked fine but mouse never did from the getgo (different
>> bateries, line of sight (same as keyboard) tried switching freq, connect
>> button all the troubleshooting steps...
>>
>> On micorosft.com the only option for support other than the vary limited
>> knowlege base is phone or email - that you have to pay ($35 - more than
>> hardware was) for !?!?
>>
>> I will never ever buy another piece of Microsoft labeled hardware - not
>> even an X Box....

TRENDING THREADS