Microsoft's Arc Touch Mouse is Like No Other

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
[citation][nom]cyprod[/nom]did any of the "if apple did it, it would be revolutionary" commentors read the article? Apple already did do it minus the ability to flatten it out. It's called the magic mouse.Jane even was kind enough to mention it in the first paragraph.[/citation]
Dude, it was a joke... did you notice the "iPhone4 antenna goof" and "Can it play Crysis" joke is flying around in this site? People even make these kind of comments on a liquid pencil article... It was supposed to be hilariously sarcastic. Can you see it now?

G

Nothing will replace my G9 except another G9 when it ends its life in the future!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]If you read the german on the box it uses the word "tasche" which could mean bag but also can mean pocket. The English version misses out on pointing out that the mouse will more easily fit into a pocket.[/citation]
Thanks people for voting this comment down. I don't know what I was thinking to actually talk about the product and its merits rather than using this as an opportunity to bash either the product or apple. And clearly my remarks deserve down votes because what I said is clearly untrue. "Tasche" does not mean pocket in German after all, it turns out all the dictionaries are wrong.
/sarcasm

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Yikes, what does it matter if Apple made it first or not? The fact is that there is now a trackpad type of mouse that can be used on Windows machines. MS has been applauding the Apple business model lately, and this is just one step in capitalizing on Apple's success. Take what Apple has invented... products that consumers like...and either reverse engineer it or start from scratch and apply the product to the Windows platform. That is smart business and will generate more income for MS. It is not cheating in anyway, but is just good old capitalism at work.

Regarding the curve. If you look at how a person typically holds a mouse you will see that the hand assumes a cupped position. The curve is a good thing ergonomically.

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]Because I have bluetooth on all of the laptops I would use this with, and my desktop too... Those same laptops have few valuable USB ports...I would rather use the bluetooth I already have than waste a USB port, if I can avoid it...[/citation]
But you have to assume that MS designed this mouse with more than just you in mind...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
the flat shape would be decent for carring in a laptop bag.

I use the built-in trackpad on my laptop and don't need a mouse...It's real nice, i got it at target, on sale....

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
i have microsofts orignal arc mouse and it's great it was a present with our laptops and it's honestly worth the money, it fold up and fits in my pocket which is nice when i carry my laptop (trackpad broke) and it's much easiler to use for my gaming desktop and laptop then a normal mouse

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

too late,bro! I already took that joke... How about the "can it play crysis" joke? :lol:

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I hate how today's society is all about looks instead of FUNCTION.

I love my Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. It serves it's purpose in gaming and general use (more general use these days than gaming). Though, one of my favorite mice of all time (yes, putting it above the Explorer 3) I think has to be the Logitech MX310 (some people will argue the MX300) :) I have used mice from all the major companies, "gaming" included (that's you Razer). I always seem to come back to Logitech and Microsoft for my mouse needs. I don't need 10+ buttons or a mouse that lights up. Give me a functional mouse (with NO more than 5 buttons) that fits good in the hand and is able to track at high speeds.

And to all you people that think "DPI" or "PPI" means anything, need to do your homework. I have no trouble navigating my 24" monitor with my 450DPI mouse. It's all about "Poll Rate", how fast the mouse is able to "take pictures" of the surface you are on. Yes, I won't deny that higher "DPI" mice make your mousing experience a little more "smooth", but once you stop thinking about it, you won't notice it. A good, high speed mouse with with a DPI below 800, will serve you in any computer application and game you will every use/play, including screen size (some people might disagree).

Status
Not open for further replies.