Microsoft's Clippy is Back in Office's 'Ribbon Hero'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pclee

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Wow! I hadn't even realized those pests were gone. I guess I was too busy being productive at work. I use OpenOffice.org at home and will move to LibreOffice soon.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Oh god, when I think of clippy I can only remember "Windows: Really Good Edition" ... "Why do I have blood?"

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Oh great. New MS Products:
Microsoft WordVille
Microsoft ExcelVille
Microsoft AccessVille
Microsoft PowerpointVille
...and so on...

Facebook games, anyone?

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
They had a racing game in-bedded one of the versions of Excel, 2000 i think. So much time spend racing instead of making spreadsheets.
Good times.

G

Comments are spammed by butthurt nerds who fail to realize that they could actually learn a thing or two from this Office add-on, albeit its childish looks.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]Radishface[/nom]Comments are spammed by butthurt nerds who fail to realize that they could actually learn a thing or two from this Office add-on, albeit its childish looks.[/citation]
How did you know about the kinky desires of those bashing the clippy? :D :D

On a serious note, I personally, never had a problem with the clippy. It was very easy to turn off. The only people bothered by it were the ones not knowing how to turn it off, and these people are generally not considered nerds.

To cheer a bit up, though:
http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/memes-help-desk.jpg

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
What was really annoying was that when you turned it off, it didn't just turn off instantly. It did a little closing sequence. Kind of gave me the feeling that the devs were just "rubbing it in"

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]pclee[/nom]Wow! I hadn't even realized those pests were gone. I guess I was too busy being productive at work. I use OpenOffice.org at home and will move to LibreOffice soon.[/citation]

I'd rather use the FREE (with adverts) version of Office over EITHER of those name drops you used there.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
So they're finally bringing back the hidden games? I remember the portal to Hell was in one of the original versions of Excel, the Hall of Lost Souls I think it was called, had a roundabout way of getting to it, but it was just a glorified credits screen.

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
[citation][nom]killerchickens[/nom]One of my friends was writing a fake suicide note and clippy offered his help.[/citation]

So your friend is that funny jpg we've all seen hundreds of times over the interweb?

I thought Clippy was another name for a last-gen console trying to play a PC to console port... oh the single digit fps, how wonderful you look on a 60 inch display.

Or maybe it's the nickname of the woman that cut off her husband's woohoo when he wanted some and she didn't...

Never knew the paperclip had a name. Seriously did not know they had gone low enough to give it a name. You give stuff like diarrhea a name, but this is just regular poop.

That paperclip was spying on us the whole time we did work. It has learnt. It has implemented. It is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.