Microsoft's Surface Mini Could Arrive in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufus_ct

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
The photo does not show the Surface Mini. It is the Lenovo ThinkPad 8.
The case manufacturer probably offers the same case for a variety of tablets and chose to show a photo of the ThinkPad 8 version of the case instead of the Surface Mini version because there are no photos available of the Surface Mini yet.
This should be obvious also from the overall design of the device, it looks nothing like the Surface RT/Surface 2/Surface Pro/Surface Pro 2.
Please update the article, before people start mistakenly criticizing Lenovo for something they would only ever criticize Microsoft for (design).

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
8" tablet with Wacom stylus? The only real competition is Galaxy Note 8. Asus has one but it does not seem to be very keen on actually selling the product, probably due to low margin

stevejnb

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Digitizer would be a good selling point, but this thing had better be $250'ish or less... Though I think it is a safe bet it will cost more. The Surface line is full of great, functional tablets which cost too much. "But, Apple does it!" is not a sound basis for a pricing strategy.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I really The surface mini has a full size usb 3.0 port. I need it for a ethernet adapter so can run network commands in the field. OTG USB sux
This has been my favorite part about the Surface Pro. Full USB

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Digitizer would be a good selling point, but this thing had better be $250'ish or less... Though I think it is a safe bet it will cost more. The Surface line is full of great, functional tablets which cost too much. "But, Apple does it!" is not a sound basis for a pricing strategy.
Actually, considering what you are getting, the Surface Tablets are pretty reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.