Question Middle mouse click not working - scroll does!

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
Good day!

Recently, my middle mouse click has stopped working, yet, I am able to scroll, indicating that there isn't a problem with the scroll wheel.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, rolling back to older updates, etc., yet it still fails to work.

Is there anything I can try in order to solve this and to get it working again?

(this is the physical pushing down of the middle mouse button, not the scrolling - scrolling works perfectly)

Ralston18

Titan
I expect that the middle mouse click "pushing down" is a simple switch (on/off) while the scroll rotation is some varying resister.

The switch does not work. However the scroll wheel (potentiometer ) does work.

Make and model mouse?

Ensure that the mouse drivers are up to date. Even if so, a reinstall may be warranted just in case the current installation has been corrupted in some manner.

Test the mouse in another known working computer.

Try another known working mouse in your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer.

skillbeatsall

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
I expect that the middle mouse click "pushing down" is a simple switch (on/off) while the scroll rotation is some varying resister.

The switch does not work. However the scroll wheel (potentiometer ) does work.

Make and model mouse?

Ensure that the mouse drivers are up to date. Even if so, a reinstall may be warranted just in case the current installation has been corrupted in some manner.

Test the mouse in another known working computer.

Try another known working mouse in your computer.

Determine if the problem follows the mouse or stays with your computer.
Thanks for your reply!
I have unfortunately concluded that the problem definitely sits with the mouse.
The click doesn't work on other PCs, and using an alternative mouse's middle click does work.

Thanks again :)