Might have a virus, any of you met this one before?

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
My computer randomly Alt-tabs, changes focus, especially while gaming. I might found the problem, when the focus loss happens in task manager i see the cmd.exe*32 process, running from C:/windows/syswow64/, and that isn't there on boot. It just randomly starts up. I did a full scan with Avast and Malwarebytes Anti Malware, i do it every month, and clear, just as it was before. Any solutions that might help? looking for answer from someone who met this random cmd.exe popup.
(Offtopic: I have an ASrock N68-VS3 FX MOBO, and its MCP(basicly south bridge) is going up to 80°C under heavy load. It have only passive cooling, got no fan with the MB. I read that it is designed to work on 80-90°C, but i dunno :S i will touch it and see if it is sensor fault, or rly that hot. Should i worry with this high temp? other temps are fine, HDD 35°C, GPU, CPU at 50°C under load.)

YTeodosiev

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
Well, that happened with my old laptop, randomly alt tabs and etc. It was just because my laptop mouse was turned on, but sometimes even when it wasnt it would still randomly alt tab. I found no solution so i made a program to deal with it : everytime it alt-tabs ( because none of my friends belived me ) they will give me 1$. I got 10$ for a mount and i pretty much nailed it ;)

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
This alt-tab is annoying :S and i suspect this "virus" or what, may cause my random crashes. Today i was playing Skyrim, got alt-tabbed, returned to the game, and BAM, lock-up. Screen froze, don't react to inputs, even the num-lock, caps-lock did nothing. It happened to me like a week ago as well, while playing WoW.

Wicks

Reputable
Apr 2, 2014
I'm still searching in the Event Viewer, might find it, checking times and stuff :p will post it if i find the answer. And do you know about this 80°C MCP, the off thing i asked? it was always this high, or at least displayed high, never caused problem, but still annoying to see that high number there.

YTeodosiev

Reputable
Feb 22, 2014
Multimedia Comunications Processor, i have no idea what is that for, but in a bulgarian forum i read that when it is under 80 degress its ok.