Migrating NT SBS PDC to 2000 Active Directory

Hello all,
I would appreciate any feedback on my situation. I have a Win NT Small
Business Server Primary Domain Controller that about 30 users log into for
the purpose of mapping a drive to a Win2K server. Some of these users are
still running Win98. The PDC is running exchange but it is not being used
for email. This has been migrated to a separate pop email server. The PDC
server is near the end of its life and I am wanting to setup a new Win 2k
active dir server to take its place. Is there a process that can be used to
migrate the users / login scripts to the new active dir server? Is it
native to MS or would i need to procure a 3rd party sw? I'm not sure if i
can bring the active directory server online and promote it to primary from
the existing NT PDC allowing me to pull the plug on the NT machine.

Or...would i be better off just pulling the plug on the existing domain
controller and setting up the new active directory as primary and manually
entering the 30 or so users accounts and setting up the simple login script?
I inherited this system and the acl's are lax so I would probably be
changing permissions for most of the users. Any help/advise is much
appreciated!

Please cc: doug.tatum@albanyindustries.com

Regards
Doug

With only 30 users, if it were me, I would take this time to recreate the
new domain from scratch. That way I could be 100% sure that the
documentation I put together during the recreation was correct.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE