Minecraft | Bad FPS | Good Hardware

Jun 25, 2018
Hello, I have Dell Inspiron 7577, and I played a lot of games but I play Minecraft mostly, so i have right now like 200-300 FPS without shaders. And I looked on youtube for like, how much people does have, so it seems that people have the exact hardware or even worse, but better FPS, with shaders i have 80-120. Sorry for bad english. So they have like 600-1000 FPS. I'm disappointed.

popatim

Titan
Do you have Minecraft set to use the GTX in Crimson?
It may be running using the integrated GPU then.
Also keep in mind that a laptop GPU is not as powerful as the Desktop version. This usually true even of the 10 series as they need to keep the GPU within power and thermal envelopes the chassis was designed for..

Jun 25, 2018

Yes, I have GTX used in Minecraft.

Jun 26, 2018
Seems as your PC has 16GB of RAM, you may want to set Minecraft to use more than the default 1GB of RAM.

Assuming your using the newest Minecraft launcher, you need to go to the "Launch options" and ensure "advanced settings" is enabled. Then select the version you would like to edit and turn on "JVM arguments". In the text field you should have something that says "-Xm1G" and then change that number to the amount of GB of RAM you would like Minecraft to use. I wouldn't recommend all of your available system RAM.

Of your 16GB of RAM maybe set it to 8GB at the most. If it requires more set it a bit higher but I cant see Minecraft using more than 8GB

You can press f3 in game to see the amount of RAM the game is currently using.

Jun 25, 2018

I already done that, I have 10GB allocated memory.

Jun 26, 2018

oh ok, sorry

TRENDING THREADS