Minecraft Dev Wins Interim Injunction Over Scrolls Name

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Defiance23[/nom]They really don't give people credit. Thinking the word "scrolls" is going to confuse us feeble minded little people?[/citation]
Well I must admit that I agree with what this article suggest. It's not that Bethesda/Zenimax want to protect their IP, but more likely wanting to prevent Mojang from protecting their IP from some third party. Corporate sharks at their very best.

G

and I thought "Avatar" was going to be a movie about "Ultima IV", so dissapointed :(

revro234

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
It seems to me that a lot of people don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Including Notch. Mojang tried to trademark "Scrolls" which means they can sue any company that has the word "scrolls" in the title. Zenimax doesn't want this happen because "The Elder SCROLLS" is what they have trademarked. So they have to defend their trademark. This is what i understand.

revro234

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
It seems to me that a lot of people don't know what the fuck they are talking about. Including Notch. Mojang tried to trademark "Scrolls" which means they can sue any company that has the word "scrolls" in the title. Zenimax doesn't want this happen because "The Elder SCROLLS" is what they have trademarked. So they have to defend their trademark. This is what i understand.

whiteknightz28

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]holdingholder[/nom]Puss in Boots is a very old childrens story which is most likely public domain now, so there isn't much that can be done about anybody using the name.[/citation]
I agree. That would have shown some class. Instead they do the sniveling lawyer thing. They lost a lot of respect in my book.

whiteknightz28

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Stryter[/nom]You're right, we need a Tom's Law site for this kind of stuff. lolAlso, I would have paid to see these two go at it in Quake. Would have been awesome to see something like this get settled with a good ole fashioned fragfest.[/citation]
I agree. That would have shown some class. Instead they do the sniveling lawyer thing. They lost a lot of respect in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.