Question Minecraft freezes if I switch from Integrated graphics to Nvidia Card

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
So I bought a windows 10 laptop from dell for gaming on the go and for awhile I could play minecraft with the Integrated graphics and the Nvidia gtx 1050. But now it does not work with the 1050. When it loads the main menu it comply locks up but the audio is still playing. When I launch minecraft with integrated graphics it works perfectly. It seems to be only minecraft that causes this issue. I've tried to reinstall minecraft and reinstall the Nvidia drivers but nothing is working.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Windows 10
with a i5-7300HQ Quad Core and a Nvidia gtx 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 with 16 gb of ram.

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

No when I open minecraft with the Nvidia Card it freezes. When I switch to the integrated graphics and open minecraft it works. Yes I also have tried to update the drivers and update java but that did nothing.

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
So Just now I updated Java and the Nvidia drivers to the latest but it still is not working. Also if I launch mineceaft and select the Gtx 1050 as my Graphics Proccesor it gets stuck on the Mojang screen and it stops responding. When I close it minecraft gives me a message saying there was an Error.

123bertwickham

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I just went into the Nvidia Control Panel and Changed The "Use the advanced 3D image settings" to "Let the 3D application decide" and for Select a PhysX Processor I went from "Auto Select" to "Geforce GTX 1050" and Launched Minecraft with the Gtx 1050 and It worked! But only once. I closed it and tried it again to be sure and it froze on the Main Menu screen. ):