[SOLVED] Minimum Cpu For 4k Gaming

www.tgkaveh

Commendable
Feb 6, 2019
Hi
Is core i3 4170 or Ryzen 3 1200 or something like these cpus enough for 4k gaming at somthing around 50 - 60 fps?
I have gtx 1080ti

Solution
In order to upgrade to newer cpy and mobos, that is too expensive. But i can buy a 4690k or i7 4790k. I have z97.
Thank you
Any of the compatible i5’s are not worth it, you are still stuck with a 4 thread cpu and that’s a problem in modern games. The 4790k does have 8 threads but usually is overpriced for its level of performance, it is still behind a modern i5 or Ryzen R5. If you can pick up a 4790k cheap then maybe but at some point in the not to distant future you are going to need a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade and it’s probably best not to put money into that old system.
4k is alot of ther time called: the great equalizer.
The cpu does not matter.
almost at all.

The gpu is the only thing that matters for 4k, and a 1080 ti is capable of running most games at 60 fps ultra.
though that is most games, not all. really heavy titles might be around 45-50 fps at ultra. though high at 60 is not bad

Reactions: www.tgkaveh

www.tgkaveh

Commendable
Feb 6, 2019
4k is alot of ther time called: the great equalizer.
The cpu does not matter.
almost at all.

The gpu is the only thing that matters for 4k, and a 1080 ti is capable of running most games at 60 fps ultra.
though that is most games, not all. really heavy titles might be around 45-50 fps at ultra. though high at 60 is not bad
then there is no need to upgrade my i3 4170 for 4k gaming right?

then there is no need to upgrade my i3 4170 for 4k gaming right?
I didn't see you said i3 4170 there, sorry.
That is not enough.
its a dual core. quad core is necessarry for minimuim but like, if you plan on running 4k, you probably have a bawlin gpu. why dont you spend less on the gpu and strech on the cpu, for a 10600k or 3600.
a 1200 would be leaps better than the i3, but would still probably bottleneck you a little.

www.tgkaveh

Commendable
Feb 6, 2019
I didn't see you said i3 4170 there, sorry.
That is not enough.
its a dual core. quad core is necessarry for minimuim but like, if you plan on running 4k, you probably have a bawlin gpu. why dont you spend less on the gpu and strech on the cpu, for a 10600k or 3600.
a 1200 would be leaps better than the i3, but would still probably bottleneck you a little.
In order to upgrade to newer cpy and mobos, that is too expensive. But i can buy a 4690k or i7 4790k. I have z97.
Thank you

Thank you
Any of the compatible i5’s are not worth it, you are still stuck with a 4 thread cpu and that’s a problem in modern games. The 4790k does have 8 threads but usually is overpriced for its level of performance, it is still behind a modern i5 or Ryzen R5. If you can pick up a 4790k cheap then maybe but at some point in the not to distant future you are going to need a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade and it’s probably best not to put money into that old system.

Solution
True. that i7 4790k would be slower in gaming and most other things than a new i3, or r3.
and would actually probably cost the same.