Question Mining system components advice

renko2410

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015
Hi Advice for the system my friend needs he said he wants 6X 3090 and I9 processor can someone write me down compatible components list that I can share for him? All things like CPU PSU he wants it for
bitcoin ethereum a doge coin

Thank you

kanewolf

Titan
Hi Advice for the system my friend needs he said he wants 6X 3090 and I9 processor can someone write me down compatible components list that I can share for him? All things like CPU PSU he wants it for
bitcoin ethereum a doge coin

Thank you
Six 3090s will require multiple power supplies or a silly 240VAC mining power supply.
I don't think an i9 is required.
You want a dedicated mining motherboard -- https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/best-mining-motherboard-in-late-2020
You will be using adapters to driver the GPUs.

renko2410

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015

renko2410

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015
Has he calculated the ROI on this expensive equipment?
Factoring in the possibility/inevitability of coin prices dropping.
He wrote me message that he wants 3090 6x and i9 processor he wants to go to up to £10.000 would it possible for you to write me down the list of components needed for being compatible as he wants to order the parts online and set up himself

USAFRet

Titan
He wrote me message that he wants 3090 6x and i9 processor he wants to go to up to £10.000 would it possible for you to write me down the list of components needed for being compatible as he wants to order the parts online and set up himself
ROI - Return on Investment.

How long will it take to recover " £10.000" hardware purchase price?
Of course, factoring in cost of electricity, etc.

renko2410

Honorable
Aug 28, 2015
ROI - Return on Investment.

How long will it take to recover " £10.000" hardware purchase price?
Of course, factoring in cost of electricity, etc.
Electricity is not a problem as he has rented a building and how much he spends on electricity he doesn't pay more than 350 a month for the room. So if someone could advice on the components needed for them to be all compatible

kanewolf

Titan
Can someone recommend me something?
Have you tried a more mining centric forum ? Have you read ANY of the articles on the nicehash website I linked earlier? Your post has been here for two and half hours. But you are expecting an answer for a very NICHE question immediately. That is unreasonable. I wouldn't trust any answer you get unless the person answering has successfully run six GPUs in parallel on a single motherboard. That is a VERY small set of people.

Reactions: Krotow and Phaaze88