Question Minor artifacts in one game only?

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Got a brand new 4070, runs cool and quiet and fast. Gpu core doesn't exceed 67c with the fans set to quiet, Vram doesn't break 82c.

I noticed some artifacts in one game only: KSP 2. Very distant terrain sometimes gets little green and purple flashes in the anti aliasing around the edges. Doesn't happen anywhere else on the screen.

I have tested with Furmark, 3Dmark (Port Royal and Time Spy), Valley, ARK, Last of Us, and Metro Exodus enhanced edition. All of these are more stressful for the GPU and Vram, yet none of them have a hint of artifacts or any other issues.

Is it still possible this is a hardware problem? Is there another way for me to check?

(R7 5800X3D, 32gb DDR4 3200 CL16, ASUS Strix B550A, Corsair Rm750x PSU.)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you include images/videos of the artifacting you're speaking of? It's possible that the game is either corrupt or your platform just needs to have it's GPU drivers reinstalled.

For the latter, you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest driver version off of Nvidia's support site, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

ASUS Strix B500A
Is this the motherboard you're working with;
?
If so, what BIOS version are you currently on?

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020
Can you include images/videos of the artifacting you're speaking of? It's possible that the game is either corrupt or your platform just needs to have it's GPU drivers reinstalled.

For the latter, you use DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall with the latest driver version off of Nvidia's support site, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

ASUS Strix B500A
?
I'll try but it's very difficult to capture. And yes, that's the motherboard I'm currently using. I have the latest drivers for the 4070 and prior to installing them I did a DDU sweep right after putting the 4070 in my build because I had a 3060ti previously. EDIT: Motherboard BIOS version 2806 (10/27/2022)

Fastfishy2

Reputable
Apr 20, 2020

ASUS Strix B500A
?
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/nClWjvX

Here's a link to a picture on imgur. I didn't manage to capture the 'flashing'. These artifacts move with the antialised edges on distant terrain objects and occasionally 'flash' green or purple. Doesn't appear anywhere else and it disappears when I get closer to said terrain feature.