Question Missing Drivers

Aug 16, 2024
Hi everyone Im currently facing a problem within my device Manager and the problem is under the Tab "other devices" within it are 2 things called "PCI Memory Controller" and "SM Bus Controller" I have tried to update them trough the device manager but it doesnt work, I have also seen that there are some drivers within windows optional updates but im unsure whenever I should update using them since they have weird dates.

PCI Memory -
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&CC_058000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&CC_0580

SM Bus Controller -
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A3&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A3&SUBSYS_86941043
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A3&CC_0C0500
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A3&CC_0C05

Hope someone can help me ❤️

PS: When I click them in device Manager this comes out "
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.
To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."
-Incase this helps!

Solution
Im currently facing a problem within my device Manager and the problem is under the Tab "other devices" within it are 2 things called "PCI Memory Controller" and "SM Bus Controller"
Download and install chipset drivers from your motherboard manufacturer support web site.
Those seem to be devices for Intel 200/300 series chipset boards.

You can find motherboard model name with CPU-Z - motherboard section.

Downloads here.
Find chipset section, click on <show all> and find latest version of Intel Chipset driver.

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-c...lpdesk_download?model2Name=PRIME-H310M-K-R2-0
Aug 16, 2024
Have you checked the mobo manufacturers support page for appropriate drivers?
Im really dont know what my motherboard is sadly since I have spoofed my hardware year ago and I dont know how to reverse i already reinstalled my pc and bios is up to date but if i try to install other bios it just shows me american megatrend screen with something ata/atapi detected thing

Im currently facing a problem within my device Manager and the problem is under the Tab "other devices" within it are 2 things called "PCI Memory Controller" and "SM Bus Controller"
Download and install chipset drivers from your motherboard manufacturer support web site.

Downloads here.
Find chipset section, click on <show all> and find latest version of Intel Chipset driver.

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-c...lpdesk_download?model2Name=PRIME-H310M-K-R2-0

Reactions: punkncat
Solution
Aug 16, 2024

Downloads here.

Hi thanks first of all, this came as the latest driver
Management Engine Interface
Version 1914.12.0.1256
98.79 MB
2019/08/06
Install Management Engine Interface.
I downloaded it and extracted, do I run the ASUS Setup or the Setup ME?

Aug 16, 2024
Extract ZIP archive and run
SetupChipset.exe
Oh yeah this doesnt have anything to do with the original thread but do you know if its normal that if I update my bios it doesnt let me press enter to continue but f2 and that it shows atap/ata detected since in other videos where people updaet drivers it doesnt show atap ata detected

do you know if its normal that if I update my bios it doesnt let me press enter to continue but f2 and that it shows atap/ata detected since in other videos where people updaet drivers it doesnt show atap ata detected
Sorry. Have no idea, what you're talking about here.

Different manufacturers can use different software/software versions/software configuration for BIOS update.
What for one manufacturer is normal, will not necessary be normal for some other manufacturer.

If your system works after BIOS update and it didn't get bricked,
then it's probably normal and fine.

Aug 16, 2024
Sorry. Have no idea, what you're talking about here.

Different manufacturers can use different software/software versions/software configuration for BIOS update.
What for one manufacturer is normal, will not necessary be normal for some other manufacturer.

If your system works after BIOS update and it didn't get bricked,
then it's probably normal and fine.
Oh okay, thank you very much for your patience and Help hope you have a nice day