Missing operating system - new motherboard

G

Hey all, i installed a new psu/cpu/motherboard into my computer the other day. I was running windows 7, but do not have the boot disk. I thought i would just be able to install the new motherboard, and when i boot up just install my old vista since i have the cd for it, and start fresh.

I was wrong :/. on boot, it shows the Gigabyte boot menu, then it screens to all my devices, and then says missing OS.
Ive tried xpressrecovery2 off of the GB mobo cd, but when it says "press any key to begin xpressrecovery2", no matter what i press it waits about 5 sec then says missing OS.

same thing when i boot up from the vista cd. Press any key, nothing happens, missing OS.

What can i do? I don't care if i start completely clean, and i don't care if i retain all of my data. My HDD in the old motherboard were in raid 0 and i tried to configure a raid on the Gigabyte, but it wouldn't allow me to go into the raid config. every time it prompted for ctrl I, i pressed, and it just went on to the devices list and missing OS.

Possible fix?? i have no clue: put old motherboard back in and boot up computer and whipe harddrives clean, put in new motherboard, install vista?

i duno if that will work i was just wondering.

if theres anything else please help!

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
A RAID 0 array (or any RAID array, for that matter) cannot be transferred to any other RAID controller. It is designed specifically for that controller.

If you don't care about your data, just go into your new mobo's RAID config, create a new array, and then install Windows on it.

G

I tried to configure a new array but as i said above for some reason it wouldnt let me get into raid config. It prompts for ctrl I, i hit ctrl I, nothing happens, pops up device list and os missing.

G

i can get into bios yes. raidconfig is like an extra section that you get to separately, and it wont let me go. i will try resetting to defaults

G

so i downloaded the sys recovery disk for my current os w7 32bit, and when i put it in the same thing happens. same as everything else. boots up, shows POST, then goes device list, says boot from cd, press any key, missing os. :c