Question Missing or corrupt files on external HDD ?

Dec 17, 2022
Hello. I am using a lot of files, everyday - create files, open existing and edit files. For a random time, .cdr files saved on the external HDD are no longer valid - when I launch them, the CorelDraw is doing nothing, and the files is simply dissapear from location.
Some XLS files are corrupted, after save is performing.
Any help is apppreciated.

Thanks.

Hello. I am using a lot of files, everyday - create files, open existing and edit files. For a random time, .cdr files saved on the external HDD are no longer valid - when I launch them, the CorelDraw is doing nothing, and the files is simply dissapear from location.
Some XLS files are corupted, after save is performing.

Thanks.
Did you check drive's heath ?

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Some XLS files are corupted, after save is performing.

Thanks.
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your .cdr and .xls files. There could be a number of reasons why these files are becoming corrupted or not opening correctly. Here are a few potential causes and solutions to try:
  1. Hardware issues: If you are storing your files on an external hard drive, there may be an issue with the hardware itself. Make sure that the hard drive is properly connected and functioning correctly. You may also want to try transferring the files to another hard drive or to your local computer to see if the issue persists.
  2. File system issues: If the file system on your hard drive is corrupt, it could cause problems with the files stored on it. You may want to try running a disk utility or file system repair tool to fix any issues with the file system.
  3. Software issues: It's possible that there is a problem with the software you are using to open the files. Make sure you have the latest version of CorelDraw and any other necessary software, and try opening the files again.
  4. Virus or malware: If you have recently downloaded any suspicious files or visited any suspicious websites, it's possible that your computer could be infected with a virus or malware. Run a scan with an up-to-date antivirus program to check for and remove any malicious software.
If none of these solutions help, you may want to try creating a new file and transferring the contents of the old file to the new one. This can often fix corruption issues. It's also a good idea to regularly back up your important files to prevent data loss in the event of corruption or other issues.

Dec 17, 2022
I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your .cdr and .xls files. There could be a number of reasons why these files are becoming corrupted or not opening correctly. Here are a few potential causes and solutions to try:
  1. Hardware issues: If you are storing your files on an external hard drive, there may be an issue with the hardware itself. Make sure that the hard drive is properly connected and functioning correctly. You may also want to try transferring the files to another hard drive or to your local computer to see if the issue persists.
  2. File system issues: If the file system on your hard drive is corrupt, it could cause problems with the files stored on it. You may want to try running a disk utility or file system repair tool to fix any issues with the file system.
  3. Software issues: It's possible that there is a problem with the software you are using to open the files. Make sure you have the latest version of CorelDraw and any other necessary software, and try opening the files again.
  4. Virus or malware: If you have recently downloaded any suspicious files or visited any suspicious websites, it's possible that your computer could be infected with a virus or malware. Run a scan with an up-to-date antivirus program to check for and remove any malicious software.
If none of these solutions help, you may want to try creating a new file and transferring the contents of the old file to the new one. This can often fix corruption issues. It's also a good idea to regularly back up your important files to prevent data loss in the event of corruption or other issues.
i,ve just updated to HDD from previous SSD (same problems on the SSD). I need about 1TB to use from both home/work. What's the best way to share files, except external HDD?