mmc can't open

I have this problem for a while.
When I reboot the Server 2000 SP4, I can access mmc with
no problem, but 10-15 min. later I can't do it, even I
kill all mmc.exe processes.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
Serg

After reading this post and the other one you have with folders being
created, it sounds like your machine has been compromised. I would
recommend running an antivirus scan and checking the
HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run registry key for any
strange entries.
You might also look in the Winnt\system32 dir for any strange exe files that
migth reside there and delete them. Normally after clearing that out and
rebooting most of these types of problems are cleared up.

--
James Brandt [MSFT]

"Serg" <Serg@perfectnet.com> wrote in message
>I have this problem for a while.
> When I reboot the Server 2000 SP4, I can access mmc with
> no problem, but 10-15 min. later I can't do it, even I
> kill all mmc.exe processes.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks.
> Serg

Thanks for your help.
I've used all NAV, spyware, AntyTrojan scans with no
positive results.
The mmc problem is separate of delete folders problem,
because it has started 8 months earlier, so I don't
associate these 2 things.
I don't see any suspicious exe files in SYSTEM32 directory.
Each time I reboot the server, all major partitions gets
file sharing enabled automatically. The icon in Windows
Explorer doesn't show it, but in properties I can see it.