Mobile Core i7-920XM: Power Is The Price For Better Performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I wonder if the 920qm can stay @ 3.2GHZ for long periods of time when there is one thread that is using as much computational power as possible?

According to the results of the Winzip test in this review, it looks as though it couldn't of been @ 3.2GHZ for most of the test, not enough of a performance jump compared to the QX9300...

I remember with the Mobile Penryn's, that Turbo boost would only kick in for a few seconds at a time, and then drop back down to default. I bet that the mobile i7 is more aggressive in this respect, but still cannot maintain super-fast single threaded processing for a long time..

Time will tell with more tests! Can't wait to see what 32nm will hold!

edb2010b

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
I bought the M6500 with 16 gigs of RAM mainly because my work requires it. Rendering video, Memory Intensive Photoshop Files and Web Stress / Load tests can determine performance of work at hand. Please see my 347 meg photoshop file on a Quad Core vs. a Centrino Processor on Youtube.com/the72rabbit. Only concern I have right now is the Windows media player not playing video cleanly.

G

Can I install the Intel Centrino Advanced N 6200 on a AMD laptop that use the one half mini card?? Pls any idea??

Status
Not open for further replies.