mobile version is junk

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Can we at least get a redirect option for the mobile forum. You cant reply to posts, cant see updated threads, cant quick edit, cant preview, etc.

Most importantly is the fact that you CAN'T GET TO A DESKTOP VERSION. Even with a force to desktop on my browser all I can get is this weak mobile version that is complete junk.

I can get to a desktop version of the main toms hardware page, but forums is redirected to this almost unusable state.

Solution
If you have an iPhone like me, try using Chrome app, and Request Desktop Site. Then it is the same PC experience that is on mobile. Some third party apps like DOWNLOADS have a spoofing setting where spoofs your device as a firefox or Internet Explorer browser, letting you always view the full desktop sites.

wrathofdragon

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
If you have an iPhone like me, try using Chrome app, and Request Desktop Site. Then it is the same PC experience that is on mobile. Some third party apps like DOWNLOADS have a spoofing setting where spoofs your device as a firefox or Internet Explorer browser, letting you always view the full desktop sites.

Solution

randomizer

Champion
Yes the mobile site is the same as the main site, it's just the styling which alters the layout based on browser width as smeezekitty said. The only exception is the home page, which does not behave like the rest of the site and has a "real" mobile version.