Jul 15, 2020
That is the question.

Basically I'm looking for a definitive way to determine which is not functioning correctly. Directly on cold startup I'll enter BIOS and just watch the CPU temp raise to over 100 degrees C in a matter of a couple minutes and continue rising until ultimately the computer shuts off. The computer has been functioning flawlessly for the past year and half and suddenly started having heating issues and shutting off. The build consists of....

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six Core @ 1.22 Vcore
MOBO - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooler - Corsair H115i

Issues I've noticed.... In the BIOS it does not detect the CPU fan and shows it spinning at 0 RPM's which the cooler is correctly installed onto the correct mobo cpu fan pins etc. The fan functions and I can hear it and feel it pushing air. I have cleaned CPU and cooler connection, applied new thermal paste and it has had no effect. I'm assuming the next step would be to install a new cooler in hopes that it is not the mobo, sensor, or CPU.

If the new cooler does not have any effect on the overheating issue, is there a way to effectively determine if it is the CPU or the mobo without having to guess and just make a blind purchase on what to replace? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Solution
All the connections are plugged into the correct headers and the Corsair light comes on the part that attached to the CPU and the fans spin. Is there a pump function separate from the fans attached to the heat sink?
if you connected pump to CPU_FAN header as instructions suggests and it's shoving 0rpm then pump is not working.
Your MB has "1x water cooling CPU fan header" (obviously for pump) but also " 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers " so you can try it in there.
Also need to connect radiator fan(s) to CPU_FAN header because MB most probably will not post without them turning.
To check pump further, maybe you can connect it to one of SYS_FAN headers.
Last check could be connecting pump straight to PSU using Molex...
That is the question.

Basically I'm looking for a definitive way to determine which is not functioning correctly. Directly on cold startup I'll enter BIOS and just watch the CPU temp raise to over 100 degrees C in a matter of a couple minutes and continue rising until ultimately the computer shuts off. The computer has been functioning flawlessly for the past year and half and suddenly started having heating issues and shutting off. The build consists of....

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six Core @ 1.22 Vcore
MOBO - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Cooler - Corsair H115i

Issues I've noticed.... In the BIOS it does not detect the CPU fan and shows it spinning at 0 RPM's which the cooler is correctly installed onto the correct mobo cpu fan pins etc. The fan functions and I can hear it and feel it pushing air. I have cleaned CPU and cooler connection, applied new thermal paste and it has had no effect. I'm assuming the next step would be to install a new cooler in hopes that it is not the mobo, sensor, or CPU.

If the new cooler does not have any effect on the overheating issue, is there a way to effectively determine if it is the CPU or the mobo without having to guess and just make a blind purchase on what to replace? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
That sounds like pump is not running, better xheck your cooler's connections.

Jul 15, 2020
That sounds like pump is not running, better xheck your cooler's connections.

All the connections are plugged into the correct headers and the Corsair light comes on the part that attached to the CPU and the fans spin. Is there a pump function separate from the fans attached to the heat sink?

if you connected pump to CPU_FAN header as instructions suggests and it's shoving 0rpm then pump is not working.
Your MB has "1x water cooling CPU fan header" (obviously for pump) but also " 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers " so you can try it in there.
Also need to connect radiator fan(s) to CPU_FAN header because MB most probably will not post without them turning.
To check pump further, maybe you can connect it to one of SYS_FAN headers.
Last check could be connecting pump straight to PSU using Molex or SATA to 3 pin fan adapter. If it still doesn't work it's dead.

Solution
Jul 15, 2020
thanks CountMike! Issue is resolved, the AIO pump went bad in the corsair. I installed a cool master 212 and the CPU is stable idling at 39 C after 45 minutes.