Question Mobo driver and nvidia driver “not compatible with OS”

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
Partitioned hard drive and now mobo not detecting gpu

Long story short my psu was bad which I thought was my hard drive so I partitioned it and I no longer have my driver installation disc that came with my mobo. My pc is running fine but I think I am missing a driver because my pc is not detecting my gpu at all not even in my bios it says both my pci-e slots are empty and gpu fan doesn’t start at all but gpu was fine prior to my psu failing. I contacted asus(mobo manufacturer) but they won’t help without a serial number which I can not find on my mobo. I installed all the drivers on their website that pertain to my mobo but when I open the file and click on “asussetup” it says “asussetup does not support this operating system wnt_10.0p_64”. In my system about it says I have win10 64 but and in my system information it says my motherboard is the asus z170-p d3. Also when I attempt to install nvidia drivers it says my OS isn’t compatible with the drivers I selected. Plz help

Colif

Win 11 Master
the problem is the Asus installer package
see if this helps
I select OS = Win10x64, download the zip file indicated to install Intel ME Driver 1140. Unzip, Run AsusSetup.exe on my Win10x64 system and I get popuyp that says "Win 10" not supported. I looked through the AsusSetup.ini files and see that only Win7 is defined. I changed the ini file, adding win10 support, and rerun successfully.

Device Manager shows ME Driver 1140 installed and running successfully.

Asus support people: Better double check the files your support/driverUtilities URL is downloading.

Everyone else: If hitting same wall, here is what I did:
  1. unzip file
  2. edit HotFix_X64/AsusSetup.ini
  3. add following starting after line 10 (after WIn7 OS description lines)
;WNT_10.0P_32 = Win10_32
WNT_10.0P_64 = Win10_64
;WNT_10.0P_32_MCE = Win10_32
WNT_10.0P_64_MCE = Win10_64
;WNT_10.0H_32_MCE = Win10_32
WNT_10.0H_64_MCE = Win10_64
;WNT_10.0H_32 = Win10_32
WNT_10.0H_64 = Win10_64
4) save, execute Hotfix_X64/AsusSetup.exe

It will run now and install 1140 driver OK, I think you just see a flash, no messages or popups.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...hipset(Intel-ME-driver)-update-package-broken

Another option is make a post on that Asus forum as surely someone there has seen this problem before and has a solution. Then come back and tell us how :)

Reactions: Adrian Palikowski

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
see if this helps

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...hipset(Intel-ME-driver)-update-package-broken

Another option is make a post on that Asus forum as surely someone there has seen this problem before and has a solution. Then come back and tell us how :)
I resolved the sm bus and pci controller error issue(I will update everything once I find a solution) and in that post I went to device manager and they were saying they had an exclamation point next to intel management engine interface mine says it’s running fine and I checked for updates and it’s up to date. I’ll post in asus forums hopefully I get some better luck cuz this is frustrating lol thanks for the reply

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
see if this helps

Unfortunately I cannot post in the forums for up to 24 hours and that’s if I get approved. I posted in the asus subreddit thread 2 days ago and have bumped yesterday and a few hours ago but no replies.