[SOLVED] MoBo getting power but not turning on

Mar 26, 2019
I had just got my new (out of the box) Aorus 450 Pro WiFi MoBo and installed all of the components(20+4 pin, 4+4 pin, and CPU + fan are all in the right spots).

I originally had a Gigabyte 350 that turned on just fine but it wasn’t comparable with the CPU as I was getting no Video. (Meaning the tower works)

I double checked the power cables from the tower and they are all in the right spot. When I plug my Bronze 500B PSU in and turn it on, I will get a flash of LED on the MoBo indicating that it is getting power (a friend has the same MoBo and his does the same) but when I hit the power button on the tower, I am getting no power.

Here is what I have troubleshot so far:
PSU not giving enough power to turn on?
- I don’t think this is the issue as we tried a Corsair 1000 PSU and it still didn’t work.

Tower not working?
- It worked on my 350, so again I don’t think this is the issue.

4 pins from the tower for power?
- triple checked they were in the right spot

Loose cables?
- again triple checked these.

What else can I eliminate as the root of the problem before I decide to request a new MoBo and label this one as DoA?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

Motherboard: Aorus B450 Pro WiFi Socket AM4

Ram: Corsair Vengence LPX 8GB x2

SSD/HDD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

GPU: PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DH/OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

PSU: EVGA 500B 500W 80+ Bronze

Chassis: Apevia X-Pioneer-GN ATX Mid Tower

The everything worked (except for video) with the only change being the MoBo was a Gigabyte B350

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019
you say it powers on for half a second? I would try this once it powers off again. flip the psu switch back to off for 30 seconds. then switch it on and try again.
So the LEDs will flicker once which is what the MoBo is supposed to do until you press the power button. It just won’t turn on when I press the power button

Mar 26, 2019
Update: MoBo turns on now. Completely redid everything and took the CMOS Battery out for about 5 minutes.

Now I get no video. But that just may be me needing DVI or AVI instead of HDMI