[SOLVED] Mobo only posting every other boot.

Computing Skrub

Honorable
Oct 12, 2015
Over the past few days I have been experiencing an issue where my ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer will only post every other time I boot it, requiring me to boot the my computer twice. Usually, when I turn my computer on, I walk away from it for a few minutes then come back. Since this issue started occurring, I have come back multiple times to there being just a black screen on both of my monitors with no response from any inputs. This morning, I stayed and watched my computer turn on where this time it just stayed on the ASUS splash screen until I turned it off. So far, the computer always seems to boot perfectly fine on the second attempt, and I have had this mobo for 5 years now without any similar issues. Any suggestions about what may be causing/any solutions to this issue would be appreciated.

Solution
Problems like this can be tricky. Although I think it's hardware related.
....and then you have to ask yourself....what else could it be?
...and in this case....I think it's most likely the power supply.
I've had other issues similar to this where it was the power supply.
...and as I said....what else could it be? It could possibly have something to do with a bad ground....so I would check that the case is grounded. I think it also could be the motherboard...but I think that less likely than the power supply.
As far as electrically troubleshooting it.....that's generally more than we want to get into....as the time involved outweighs the cost.

Computing Skrub

Honorable
Oct 12, 2015
My first thought would be power supply...and second would be MB....but that would be a distant "second". It seems like a power supply issue to me.
Even though it stayed on the splash screen until i turned it off? Also, if it was a power supply issue, I would think I'd be experiencing an issue of some kind once I boot into windows and go about using my computer normally.

Problems like this can be tricky. Although I think it's hardware related.
....and then you have to ask yourself....what else could it be?
...and in this case....I think it's most likely the power supply.
I've had other issues similar to this where it was the power supply.
...and as I said....what else could it be? It could possibly have something to do with a bad ground....so I would check that the case is grounded. I think it also could be the motherboard...but I think that less likely than the power supply.
As far as electrically troubleshooting it.....that's generally more than we want to get into....as the time involved outweighs the cost.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS