Mobo or powersupply?

Charles White

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
My computer has recently started to randomly shut down, the screen will go black then my Videocard fans will rev up to what I assume is 100% before the whole thing powers down
This has been happening anytime from when I attempt to boot up to about 20 minutes of running "normally" both my mother board and powersupply are about 5 years old replaced my Ram and Video card about 4 Months ago
All of my Temps are 30C-40C while this is happing so I dont think its due to overheating

My computer set up is
Msi-X58 Pro-E
Intel i7-960@3.20
EVGA GTX770 2Gb
Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo
Crucial Ballistix Sport (2 x 8gb)DDR3 1600
Azza-Dynamo 1100w
Any help will be appericated, Thank you

Solution
the error you posted is the power supply failing. sunds like the 12v legs not holding on the power supply. when the power supply screws up the gpu bios thinks the system has rebooted and defaults to 100 fan speed.

Charles White

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Thank you for the assistance, unfortunately I cant keep my computer on long enough to download Hwinfo its cuttingoff/Rebooting almost instantly now

Charles White

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014

Thanks, if it had to be something I was actually hoping it was the supply vs the Motherboard With running my Older Cpu I was having a hard time finding a reasonable priced Mobo that would fit it. any suggestions on a new plu?