[SOLVED] mobo posting buy no display

Sep 1, 2021
Stumped. New build which initially posted at booting light.

Msi x570 tomahawk mobo
Corsair rm850 psu
Evga 3080 ti gpu
Ddr4 3600 16gb ram
Ryzen 5900x cpu

Put in my win 10 usb. Now seems to post fine but no display on monitor. Double checked monitor works with a different computer. Not sure what else to check. Could not find anything specific looking thru other people with similar problems.

Solution
Thanks for the advice. I have some spare stuff so will see. Supposedly the mbo is already set up for particular chip. Don't have another ryzen chip. Guess its just trial and error from here sadly.

Sometimes the pc gets hung up. Maybe make your bios changes, save and then can try 2 sticks should maybe be ok now.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Appreciate you frustration just got done fixing this on a pc that ran ok for a year then gpu just died. Tooks me long time to diagnose. It was doing same thing it had vga light on mobo but also bios light so looked like it was posting but no signal thru gpu. Since you the new parts and guessing you have parts on bench or table with only necessary things connected.

-maybe try HDMI cable instead of DP cable, sometimes works
-is bios updated for 5900x? if so could try reseat and also inspect for no bent pins
-could try 1 stick ram, reseat ram
-reseating gpu or try in another slot, if have another gpu could swap in

There other things to maybe try but helps if you have other pc parts to swap in and out. :)

Sep 1, 2021
Appreciate you frustration just got done fixing this on a pc that ran ok for a year then gpu just died. Tooks me long time to diagnose. It was doing same thing it had vga light on mobo but also bios light so looked like it was posting but no signal thru gpu. Since you the new parts and guessing you have parts on bench or table with only necessary things connected.

-maybe try HDMI cable instead of DP cable, sometimes works
-is bios updated for 5900x? if so could try reseat and also inspect for no bent pins
-could try 1 stick ram, reseat ram
-reseating gpu or try in another slot, if have another gpu could swap in

There other things to maybe try but helps if you have other pc parts to swap in and out. :)
Thanks for the advice. I have some spare stuff so will see. Supposedly the mbo is already set up for particular chip. Don't have another ryzen chip. Guess its just trial and error from here sadly.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020

Sometimes the pc gets hung up. Maybe make your bios changes, save and then can try 2 sticks should maybe be ok now.

Solution