Question MOBO Q-LED light skips DRAM ?

Jan 9, 2022
I finished building my first pc and when I tried to boot it, the computer starts then shuts down, so I messed with it a little after some googling and I noticed that the Q-LEDs normally go from red, yellow, white, green but mine just went flash red, then nothing, then back to red then white then green, then displays. But this happens only sometimes. Usually, it just flashes red then shuts down. I tried every possible combination of my 2 ram stick placements and remounted the CPU and GPU. Not sure what to do tbh and it's my first time building so I am so worried :(

Also, when I tested with one stick at a time, the lights would go red to yellow and stay yellow and then shut down.

Specs:
Asus Z690-F
12700K CPU
3080 Ti
Corsair Vengeance (2x16GB) RAM

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2022
exact model/part# of the ram?
brand and model of the psu?
test without the gpu? and use the igpu only?
Sorry I’m new to building. I’m not sure what that means, but the RAM says DDR5 32GB 4800 MHz

I can’t believe I forgot to list the PSU. It’s a Seasonic PX-850

I tested without GPU and it does a weird order: Red -> Green -> Red -> Green -> White -> Green, then monitor displays and then shuts off after 10-30 seconds

Jan 9, 2022
test with use just 1 ram stick?
Yeah I have, but then it stays on yellow and then shuts off.
Also forgot to mention that the cpu cooler’s copper core doesn’t touch the cpu itself even though I got an LGA1700 mounting kit for it. So I’m going to replace it tomorrow or whenever I can get a new cooler