glinke123

Commendable
Nov 18, 2017
Hello all!

I am soon to purchase an additional monitor (for a total of 3) and was wondering, I plan to use this for solely web browsing/having discord open/coding. Do I really need the performance from plugging it into my GPU over my MOBO for these functions? I would plug it in to my GPU but I just want a cheap monitor that rotates to portrait, so I don't have enough HDMI connectors open on my GPU to house this one anyways.

Thanks!!!

Solution
it won't hurt the gpu to run all at once. no reason to worry about it. if the gpu can run 3 monitors then it should have at least 3 outputs. get any adapter you may need to work the 3rd monitor and never look back :)

i run 3 myself with one using DP, one on HDMI and the 3rd on DVI (this is what my gpu has on it). needed an adapter for the DVI connection but $5 and it's all good now. sounds like you are over thinking this and don't need to spend the time trying to do anything fancy. a basic display uses little gpu power anyway.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
it won't hurt the gpu to run all at once. no reason to worry about it. if the gpu can run 3 monitors then it should have at least 3 outputs. get any adapter you may need to work the 3rd monitor and never look back :)

i run 3 myself with one using DP, one on HDMI and the 3rd on DVI (this is what my gpu has on it). needed an adapter for the DVI connection but $5 and it's all good now. sounds like you are over thinking this and don't need to spend the time trying to do anything fancy. a basic display uses little gpu power anyway.

Solution