Modern Warfare 2 Trailer Released, Looking Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
The feel of the weapons in Call of Duty 4 are extremely tight, but the AI was average at best. Even on the hardest difficulty settings they would still get out of cover mid-reload and fail to throw grenades back, not to mention long range shots with shotguns. Also the only real strategy the AI had was getting to cover as fast as possible or run into the line of fire with rocket launchers, not very intelligent.

That said, the single player really had some of the best moments in my entire gaming career and I play it to this day.

I'm really excited about Modern Warfare 2, can't wait.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I'm not real excited for this game and the biggest reason is because it will be designed for the X-box once again. This means that despite there being a PC game, the graphics wont improve much.

We may get better animations or an improved art direction, but we're still at a standstill with X-Box graphics technology.

We really need another PC exclusive FPS.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]I'm not real excited for this game and the biggest reason is because it will be designed for the X-box once again. This means that despite there being a PC game, the graphics wont improve much.We may get better animations or an improved art direction, but we're still at a standstill with X-Box graphics technology. We really need another PC exclusive FPS.[/citation]

You want graphics? Play Crysis. =D

Emusnacks

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
What I like about Modern Warfare is that one does not need a top end video card to play at 100+ FPS. My old 8600 GTS played CoD4 flawlessly, and I am hoping Modern Warfare 2 keeps up this tradition.

Good gameplay and good graphics, all while allowing even average graphics card to play this game at decent settings means a lot more money for the manufacturer.

Win-win situation for both the consumers and Infinity Ward.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
What they need to do with some of the extra money is building great mod tools + better graphics engine for PC's, I want to see some awesome stuff come out of this.

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
COD4 was the best FPS game ever behind Q3 Arena (oldskool). However, they failed to add split screen multi that was capable of going online or even system linking. We had 2 copies of the game, 2 televisions, 2 360s...and wound up playing 2v2 on one system on one screen like 007 on the N64. Huge mistake IMO since we were forced to play Halo 3 most of the time at lan parties. I tried to contact them a few times about it, but I'm just a customer so I never got a response. You can find some threads out there about the lack of support for this feature. It just seems like such a waste to have an amazing game lack a feature like split-screen system link. (Trust me it doesn't have it, we tried everything.) Hopefully they add support for it in the new release. Obviously, this is not an issue for PCs.

http://www.petitiononline.com/CoD4SS/petition.html

Go sign the petition.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]I'm not real excited for this game and the biggest reason is because it will be designed for the X-box once again. This means that despite there being a PC game, the graphics wont improve much.We may get better animations or an improved art direction, but we're still at a standstill with X-Box graphics technology. We really need another PC exclusive FPS.[/citation]

It's designed for multi platform not just the X-Box and as such the graphics engine will be scalable. CoD 4 on the PC was better looking then the 360 version so there's no reason to think that the follow up won't follow suit and the difference in quality with the new game will be even more exaggerated (why wouldn't it?).

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
MW made a mockery of other COD games and now MW2 looks like it has pushed the visuals past that. . . That could easily be the best looking game on the 360...

JumpKickJoe

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I'm getting wet......

11.10.09 I'll be calling in air strikes and the trusty helicopter to take down you ppl!!!!!!

Achievements here I come!!!!!!!!!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I hope the single player is as good as the COD4. I rank beating COD4 single player on the hardest difficulty as one of my greatest achievements in the last few years.

G

Cod4 was awesome, single player, multi player, overall awesome game. Cod5 continues that tradition, and i believe that MW2 will keep it going. I look forward to many sleepless nights fragging and getting fragged :)

prochobo

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2008
Can't believe all these fan boys saying "OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE GAME OF THE YEAR" and such when there is no actual gameplay footage. For all we know, this is just COD4 with new guns. But wait, COD4 covered most of the modern weapons.

Add GeoMod and I'd be all over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.