Modern Warfare 3 Will Have Full Steam Support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

$99.99 on the Australian steam store, forget it, I will stomp the US dollar online and buy a boxed copy and get it shipped here!

Maximus_Delta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
I'm straight up going to forget BF3... it's just a game and I am not bending over backwards and letting EA shaft me just to play it. MW3 it is and Origin be damned. Long Live Steam.

UnSignedC0d3

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
"Origin's EULA allows Electronic Arts to snoop through the end-user's system -- including installed and uninstalled software -- and send that information to third-party service providers" Class Action Anyone?

UnSignedC0d3

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
"Origin's EULA allows Electronic Arts to snoop through the end-user's system -- including installed and uninstalled software -- and send that information to third-party service providers"

UnSignedC0d3

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Sounds like they will looking for pirated games, movies, software etc.
And any filesharing programs I'm sure. Playing policeman now, huh EA?

UnSignedC0d3

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Seeing how most stores won't let anyone return an opened item, how would someone who actually reads the EULA, and thus, "opts out" get a
refund? This EULA needs to be "clearly displayed" on packaging or
prior to payment for digital downloads. Wanna bet it's not?
Class Action Anyone?

cjmu

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
[citation][nom]digitalexplosives[/nom]$99.99 on the Australian steam store, forget it, I will stomp the US dollar online and buy a boxed copy and get it shipped here![/citation]

MW3 is $60 for the steam pre-order on cdkeysdirect.

great, another game i must be connected to steam to play,but not before it updates the game AND steam..... and then re-install steam 5 times before it works, and then wait for a server to be available, even though the game is completely installed and updated and i have the fu**ing disk! and then a few weeks later, reinstall steam again! And then a few weeks later the server is not avaialble or some crap again! I hate steam, useless piece of crap! I just want to play the game!

Mystre316

Aug 31, 2011
How can anyone say that MW2 and BO were just remakes of cod4? The look and feel of MW2 and BO were completely different(in relation to cod4. Maybe replay the games and compare them before saying they're remakes). They were more than likely Ports, not legit PC games. I swear that Trey arch and Infinity ward just make a xbox/ps3 game and then port it to pc and then release "DLC" (secret patches to fix things) just to cover up any bugs and issues.

BF3 was a epic looking game, but since the Origins thing, EA is going to shoot themselves in the foot and they won't have much left to reattach after that.

As for "dedicated servers" chances are we'll be given the appearance of dedicated servers, like in BO where you still have to have Internet to play on the servers.

shinmalothar

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
When did people become steamers rather than gamers? I understand people would rather have all their content through one service but at the end of the day if a games worth playing then you should play it regardless.

If you really don't want to install origin, just get it on the PS3/360 but don't skip the game completely just because you have to install another piece of software, that's just ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Also, like many have already pointed out, EA have changed the EULA for origin, they are not idiots.

reyshan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
[citation][nom]gh0st[/nom]Yes activision will use this to their advantage and try to appear to have more to offer.Because of the epic cost of sales EA just cost themselves with origin.Anyone that has some common sense and cares about their privacy is not going to go along with EA's tactics(Origin).Looks like EA is getting back to it's roots(evil).I was really looking forward to BF3.Thanks for jacking that up EA.Guess I'll have to stick with old pc games that were made before "the jackass age".When games were made when then end user's enjoyment in mind.[/citation]
you know, you don't have to install origin to play any of EA's gaems. Even BF3 if you buy it hardcopy. Buyin it on origin is a different story. If you don't want origin to snoop into your pc, buy the hardcopy and stop whining.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
BF3 was taken off my shortlist when I found out about about EA's new "we will know everything about your computer" scam, origin. FU EA,
Looks like MW3 will now take it's place.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
[citation][nom]UnSignedC0d3[/nom]Sounds like they will looking for pirated games, movies, software etc.And any filesharing programs I'm sure. Playing policeman now, huh EA?[/citation]
Good point, then the men wearing suits show up at your door or worse men in black with sub machine guns at 3AM.

dickcheney

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
[citation][nom]UnSignedC0d3[/nom]Sounds like they will looking for pirated games, movies, software etc.And any filesharing programs I'm sure. Playing policeman now, huh EA?[/citation]

That would be suicide... You do realize that google all but owns you right?

grahfzilla

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
reyshan: You're wrong, Origin is required for BF3 wether you buy it retail, on origin or somewhere else. It's like a steamworks game, except its on origin instead of steam. There's no getting away from it.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Regardless of the distribution method MW3 will be the same regurgitated crap that got old 3 games ago.

I wont be buying MW3, and even my 3 boys are tired of the COD formula because it NEVER CHANGES!!!!

BF3 is still up in the air for me. It was a sure thing until the Origin crap was announced but now I may just wait for a few weeks after release to see what the users and reviews have to say about it.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
If EA have fixed their EULA, i can't see what the fuss is about. A lot of services we use collect info on the software we use, the OS and the hardware. I don't think you can run any game unless it knows what it's running on. Though tbh i'm only comfortable as long as origin collects info on the OS, drivers and other origin games. Or hell, any games. but that's about it. Actually, what's the big deal if EA knows that i use HDTune and MS Office?

link to EULA: http://eacom.s3.amazonaws.com/EULA_Origin_8.24.11.pdf

For me, personally, BF3 will get priority over MW3. The two things in favor of MW3 will be that i'll be able to run it maxed out, and i want to see the map that's set in India! :D

Having said that, BF3 will be much better than MW3, and if their engine is good, it'll run in pretty high detail even on my aging rig. I could run BC2 almost maxed out, except a few things and anti-aliasing (max 4x multisampling). Expecting something similar on BF3.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]dormantreign[/nom]Good for MW3, i'm soured over the elua thing and i'm not buying bf3 because of it. straight up too....super looking forward to bf3 then i got a kick in the balls with it not being on steam...then another after reading the elua thing. I'm straight up pirating this game. That being said, i will be buying it when the elua gets updated and it gets released on steam.[/citation]EA changed the EULA...

oneshott

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Naturally MW3 will do better because more 12-16 year olds have crapboxes and PS3s that mommy and daddy bought them. Us adult PC gamers that spend thousands on our hardware to get the best visuals and sound you can get. Im still up in the air over the Origin malware install and BF3 not being on steam which is a huge mistake![/citation]

LMAO! You're an idiot.

No really, I don't even know where to begin with your failed line of thinking.

- A REAL adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.