MOGA's Android Controllers Should Help Nuke Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
so it is a sixaxis app with included game clip and controller... i've been using a ps3 controller for us eon my phoen for a while its already ou tthere but kudos to them if they can do it for cheaper then $43 which is what my setup cost

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
No chance this will "Nuke Consoles." Whatever that is suppose to mean. Maybe it will affect the mobile gaming market and take away from PS Vita and Gameboy sales. I've never been much into mobile gaming. I've had the original Gameboy, GB Advance, Original PSP and smart phone for 3.5 years. None of them come close to the enjoyment I get from sitting down and playing Console (or PC) games.

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Looks dorky

Reminds me when I was young an the 'neat' calculator watches came out...pretty neat...but quickly turned into dork jewelry

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
But wouldn't you have to have games that are specifically written to work with the game pad? Otherwise, with many games you're using a controller but you still have on screen "buttons" taking up valuable screen real estate.

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]tburns1[/nom]Not everyone is up to rooting their phones, so sixaxis is not an option for them.[/citation]

If your using ICS or newer, no rooting needed.

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
The lag is likely due to the fact they did not implement the HID protocol. HID is optimized for mice, keyboards, and joysticks.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]If your using ICS or newer, no rooting needed.[/citation]

yes it is. if you want to connect the ps3 controller thru bluetooth, you need root access. For wired, itll work, but only if the phone supports usb otg which many phones (like the nexus 4) do not.

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
I doubt phones in the next five years will have the RAM and whatnot that the next generation consoles will have. Like now, they will definitely have their place in the gaming world, but I don't see them being dominant.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I was finding my Zelda edition 3DS to not be strong enough of a girl repellant on the bus. Thankfully Moga has brought this new innovation to eternal virgins, a piece of cheap plastic to attach a copycat controlller to a phone. I no longer need to fear someone will converse with me on what I'm playing instead of awkwardly looking away without making eye contact.

You know what the best part is of Kevin's opinionated and biased titling? It's pretty likely Microsoft and even Sony could utilize tablets with built in controls to mimic Wii U's gamepad functionality, so any device built with a touchscreen and physical controls is actually quite helpful to them.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]samwelaye[/nom]yes it is. if you want to connect the ps3 controller thru bluetooth, you need root access. For wired, itll work, but only if the phone supports usb otg which many phones (like the nexus 4) do not.[/citation]

did not root and six axis works fine on my galaxy nexus

G

I bought the moga 1st gen controller from verizon and it's a blast for emulators. I usually play when I'm on the toilet, or occasionally on the couch. Not that much to be honest, but it's still neat as hell when I do break it out.

animeman59

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Nuke the consoles? You're kidding right?

I'm a little disappointed that Tom's would use BS headlines like this to get page views.
What is this, Gawker Media?

ricdiculus

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
[citation][nom]samwelaye[/nom]yes it is. if you want to connect the ps3 controller thru bluetooth, you need root access. For wired, itll work, but only if the phone supports usb otg which many phones (like the nexus 4) do not.[/citation]

My tf101 transformer had no issue connecting to my ps3 controller once they released ICS. This was listed as one of the new features when updating android. Earlier versions did require rooting.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]And another title that has nothing to do with the aticle, only there to create hits.Is this the route all Tom's "writers" are now taking?[/citation]
Well duh, otherwise no one would read them... :lol:

Except the core articles and reviews. And Jane, last person who actually makes sense now from the news section.

Status
Not open for further replies.