Monikers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:18:13 -0600, CRaSH wrote:

> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
>> You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :)
>
> Jeezz Marcel, isn't SWINE a little extreme? I don't think plagiarizing goes
> past VARMIT....

Know what? You've gotta point....dogbreath is sufficient. :)

> hehe smirk snort wheeze

What are you on these days, Crash?
And can I have some?

--

Marcel
(Any landing you walk away from, wasn't done by Melissa! <g>)

Well 'spoken'. Ouch. No it was really!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:07:30 -0800

Kind of like the way I prefer to play chess...

You play chess too? That is amazing! When I was young, I thought I was
quite good at playing chess. That is until I was placed against the
state champion. We ended up in a stale mate during the first game. But
he learned in how I played and he kicked my butt for the rest of the
games. Chess has never been the same since.

In the late 80's, they came out with chess with you against the
computer. That was fun for a brief period of time. As the easy levels
were too easy and the hard levels were too hard. Oh well.

Bill

Hi Crash,

ROTFL!

I think you nailed him this time, Crash - let's see the Varmit top that!
:))

Regards,
John Ward
"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Marcel Kuijper wrote:
> > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :)
>

> Jeezz Marcel, isn't SWINE a little extreme? I don't think plagiarizing
goes
> past VARMIT....
>
> hehe smirk snort wheeze

Hi Varmit,

Strewth, this is getting confusing!

For a split second there, I thought you were referring to Melissa..

Regards,
John Ward

> "Marcel Kuijper"
> > You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :)
>
> And how do know that Mel didn't steal it from me?
>

> Big D

Hi Dart,

"Indeed! Even if Mel didn't steal it from you, twisted minds do tend to
"think alike" at times, so it's not at all unlikely that such thoughts be
"mutually original"!"

That's the most accurate observation made since Noah said "It looks like
rain!". :))

Regards,
John Ward

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:lH0Yd.5224$oO4.627@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Carl Frisk"
>> Hey Dalli, isn't it nice to go on vacation and come back to all this?
>
> Yeah, great... I leave for a day or two and come back to being called a
> predatory wild animal considered undesirable. :)
>
>> I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night with his
> buds. Isn't that the national sport of
>> Texas? That and drinking Lone Star I believe :)
>

> You guys don't understand... I'm not a Texas yahoo...
>
> I'm a dazzling urbanite.
>

> <G>

crash

Carl Frisk wrote:
> Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

I had my bags packed to go hunting Playboy Bunnies last year (maybe '03?),
then found out it was a farce... :)-<))

dallas

"Carl Frisk"
> Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)

Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around here are
ya, boy."

The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your Rodeo
Belt Buckle.

Dallas

Hi Dallas,

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:01:16 GMT, you wrote:

> Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around
> here are ya, boy."

No kidding! Back in 1979, I drove from L.A. to NYC with two friends
from my art school/music conservatory. I'm a Thai/Welsh mix, one
companion is a black woman from Philadelphia who, at the time, was
the spitting image of Grace Jones (in both facial/hair looks and
clothing style; she's now a well known recording artist in her own
right), and our other traveling companion was a pale "punk looking"
guy from London (with colorful, um, "shapely" hair, various bits of
hardware stuck into various parts of his face and ears, interesting
clothing and jewelry, etc.). Believe it or not, I was the most
"conservative" looking of the three of us! :)

Naturally, we suffered the classic "just before the weekend" car
trouble just as we were about to leave El Paso in our rear view
mirror (of all places...El Paso...eek!). Being the poor students we
were, we looked for the cheapest motel room we could find to stay in
over the weekend while we waited to get our car fixed. This motel
happened to share (or nearly share) a small parking area with a
tavern that I could only describe as being quite well saturated with
"local flavor" (at least from what we could tell by who was hanging
around outside of it, though we never ventured inside).

The moment we got out of our car, several of the "very local looking
guys" who were hanging out around their cars in front of the tavern
made their way over towards our motel; apparently to get a better
look at this "traveling freak show". While they seemed slightly
amused, they also projected an air of potential danger. We said
"hello", but none of them ever said a word to us directly, though our
"hellos" did seem to stimulate some bits of conversation between them
(perhaps they were amazed that such aliens even spoke English?).

Anyway, a revolving group of these "locals" kept a pretty close eye on
us as we went about our business in town. They made no attempts at
being subtle in their monitoring of us, yet very strangely, only a
very few people actually spoke to us the entire weekend beyond what
was required as we talked to the mechanics, or the wait staff in a
couple of restaurants.

El Paso was a very surreal and somewhat creepy experience for us! :)

> The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your
> Rodeo Belt Buckle.

We didn't have any of those. Perhaps that's why hardly anyone would
even speak to us? :)

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:48:57 GMT, Dallas wrote:

> "Marcel Kuijper"
>> You swine! You stole that from Blazing Saddles! :)
>
> And how do know that Mel didn't steal it from me?

Hmmm....you are about the same age...

--

Marcel
(If you've gotta be part of a group, be part of a group of simmers!)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:30:23 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> That's the most accurate observation made since Noah said "It looks like
> rain!". :))

ROTFL!!!!!

--

Marcel
(Q: What do you do when Stormtroopers look for you?

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> El Paso was a very surreal and somewhat creepy experience for us! :)

Ha... my quote, "Ya ain't from around here are ya, boy" is actually burned
into my brain. I came to Dallas in 1973 acting and looking like a "Yankee"
and some good ole boys actually said that to me in a rather threatening way.

I later experienced what you did driving my car through the deep south with
long hair... I thought I was going to wind up like Dennis Hopper and Peter
Fonda. :)

Dallas

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> wrote in message news:gUHYd.8384$cN6.5605@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Carl Frisk"
>> Isn't the third sport in Texas hunting dazzling urbanites? :)
>
> Not far from true... you don't want to hear, "Ya ain't from around here are
> ya, boy."
>
> The only thing that will save you at that point is to show them your Rodeo
> Belt Buckle.
>

> Dallas

ROTFL except I seem to remember that as true!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

crash

Carl Frisk wrote:
> I'm sure Dallas aka Varmit goes varmit hunting every Friday night
> with his buds. Isn't that the national sport of Texas? That and
> drinking Lone Star I believe :)

Two Texans went hunting in the hill country, came across a naked lady
sitting on a rock.
First Texan said, "Hmmmmm, are you game?".
"I certainly am!", she replied.
So the second Texan shot her............

crash

As Dalliance would say, "Ray Charles could see this one comin"

I agree, the links you provided are disturbing. Why anyone would hunt
online is ludicrous, and could only be a machoego trip. Here in Arkansas
deer hunting is a religion! Most do it for the "sport" (yeah, like trying
to beat someones brains into an omlet is a "sport"), but at least are also
after the meat to feed the family. With deer populations booming, something
has to be done since the natural pedators don't exist anymore, and I think
the deer would prefer a .308 vs. a pack of wolves. I admire the skill
involved in getting up close and personal with wildlife, and have shot them
all my adult life - with a 400mm lens. I grew up hunting small game in the
plains of NE, probably not much more than 10 when starting, but totally gave
up shooting critters by age 16. To this day I still love "shooting", having
owned a little bit of everything over the years (except a full auto, or a
howitzer), but now I'm usually punching paper or blowing up watermelons with
a .357 magnum. I did manage to get myself shot in the neck in KC about 25
years ago by a lower life form, but that's another story...
However, a joke, is a joke, and by any other name, still a joke..
Especially if it vexes varmit......

dallas

"CRaSH"
> Two Texans went hunting in the hill country, came across a naked lady
> sitting on a rock.
> First Texan said, "Hmmmmm, are you game?".
> "I certainly am!", she replied.
> So the second Texan shot her............

Then the Texan turned around and shot the guy from Arkansas for tell bad
jokes... :p

Dallas

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Dallas wrote:
> "Lawn Dart"
>
>>Here's something that I find both very peculiar and rather disturbing:
>>http://www.live-shot.com/
>>http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml
>

> I'm hoping in their next life, the owners of this enterprise are hunted by
> the animals whose deaths provided profit for them.
>
> Dallas

Back in '83, I visited my home in West Virginia and my cousin, who I
grew up with, was an avid deer hunter and talked me into going up into
the mountains for some sport. I didn't have warm boots or even a warm
coat. When we parked the car my cousin walked a few hundred meters down
the road and entered the forest there. I took my borrowed 30.30, my thin
coat and my non-boots and trekked up the hill to what seemed to be a
good vantage point where I could look down into the valley. It didn't
take 20 minutes........ I realized that any deer with any smarts would
stay away from my area and if one was dumb enough to walk in front of
me, I wouldn't shoot it anyway.

Back to the car where the hot coffee was went I.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:37:24 -0800, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

>Here's something that I find both very peculiar and rather disturbing:
>
>http://www.live-shot.com/
>
>http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

I heard about that "fun" activity quite some time ago. I've yet to be
convinced that hunting is a sport. Surely, stalking with a camera or a
pair of binoculars is just a much fun as stalking with a scoped rifle.

I do wonder just how brave big game hunters would be if they had to
stalk and bring down their prey with their bare hands - a fair fight,
IMO.

Having said this, I do eat flesh and enjoy doing so. To me, there is a
world of a difference between farming and hunting. Others might
disagree.

James

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> would be nice if Dallas would simply accept his fate *now* and start
> using his already widely accepted and enjoyed call sign!

Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is still
Quilljar..

Varmit