Monikers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

crash

Dallas wrote:
> Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
> Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is
> still Quilljar..

Stalling the inevitable is petit bourgeois.......... Accept it!

Propwash

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

Dallas wrote:
> "Lawn Dart"
> > would be nice if Dallas would simply accept his fate *now* and
start
> > using his already widely accepted and enjoyed call sign!
>
> Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
> Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is
still
> Quilljar..
>

> Varmit

Propwash

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

Dallas wrote:
> Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
> Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is
still
> Quilljar..
>

> Varmit

Hi Dallas...er Varmit,

Beats me why posters use monikers anyway.

Propwash [:0)

Sorry about the blank post earlier. The cat (a real varmit) stepped on
my Enter key before I had a chance to type anything!!!

dallas

"CRaSH"
> I did manage to get myself shot in the neck in KC about 25
> years ago by a lower life form, but that's another story...

Jeez... if we had known that we could have come up with a different Moniker
for you. :-(

The husband came home.... right?

Dalliance

Studmuffin

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2005

On 16 Mar 2005 00:36:13 -0800, Propwash wrote:

> Sorry about the blank post earlier. The cat (a real varmit) stepped on
> my Enter key before I had a chance to type anything!!!

Oh sure....blame it on the cat! :)

--

Marcel
(Gear up, AP engaged...hey...what's that emergency light?)

Dallas wrote:
> "Lawn Dart"
>> would be nice if Dallas would simply accept his fate *now* and start
>> using his already widely accepted and enjoyed call sign!
>
> Hey, having a call sign doesn't mean I have to change my moniker.
> Downloader boB is still boB... JayDub is still JW... Quilly is
> still Quilljar..
>

> Varmit

I was thinking of calling myself Handsome Quilljar, but it wouldn't be true
unfortunately:)

Incidentally, has Martin come back yet?

--
Cheers,

Quilly

"James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
<snip>
> I do wonder just how brave big game hunters would be if they had to
> stalk and bring down their prey with their bare hands - a fair fight,
> IMO.

Hey, do you like fish? I'd like to see people try to catch a fish with
their bare hands! Or a turkey, for that matter...<G>

Earl

--
Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico USA

Actually when I was 8 my buddy Scotty did just that. Caught a 14" trout. Plucked it right out of the river with his
bare hands.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Earl Needham" <munged@3lefties.com> wrote in message news:113ur8q9g61fk3a@corp.supernews.com...
> "James Hodson" <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote in message
> <snip>
>> I do wonder just how brave big game hunters would be if they had to
>> stalk and bring down their prey with their bare hands - a fair fight,
>> IMO.
>
> Hey, do you like fish? I'd like to see people try to catch a fish with
> their bare hands! Or a turkey, for that matter...<G>
>
> Earl
>
> --
> Earl Needham
> Clovis, New Mexico USA

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:55:53 -0700, "Earl Needham"
<munged@3lefties.com> wrote:

> Hey, do you like fish? I'd like to see people try to catch a fish with
>their bare hands! Or a turkey, for that matter...<G>

I tickled a trout when I was nobbut a lad. Bashing it on a rock
completed the process.

Turkey is the beast of Stan. I'm almost certainly correct in saying
that Thanks-Giving was introduced by poultry farmers. Originally it
was called Thank-Goodnessing as in "Thank Goodness we've managed to
get rid of these damn birds again."

Or perhaps I'm wrong.

James