Monitor display shaking

G

Hi. i have a samsung 753 DF monitor with a MSI GeF MX200 32mb Vcard. when i set my res to 1024x768 the display shakes..kinda like small ripples. at the 800x600 the dislay i get looks fine..however i still can see some distortions if i stare at it for a long lenght of time. I brought the whole system to the my friend's house and it worked fine. At first i thought it was the power outlet...so i tried different power outlets around the house (w/o the surge bar)but with no success. Any ideas?

Thx

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Are you running it near anything that could be interfering with it?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

I dont know if you checked this but. IT could be something as simple as your refresh rate sitting a 60MHz.

It would make sense as it is harder to notice this slow a refresh with 800x 600 or even 640x 480 resolution.

If you havent done this try: right clicking your desk top> going to settings> click advanced and then adjust the refresh to the maximum that is capable for the resolution you want. IE 1152x 864, or whatever. Also, this is for if your OS is a version of Windows.

If this doesnt help. Is the shaking motion vertical or horizontal?
and is your monitor under warranty? If its faulty, you could always exchange it for a new one.

R_E

Fat_Electron

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2002
I have a similar Problem with my LG 915FT+ My vid Card is an MSI GeForce 3 Ti200. I'm pretty sure this is caused by environmental Interference (since when I tried to demonstrate the problem at the place I bought it from, the problem was not there).

Try creating a small grid pattern (with white lines about 5-10 pixels apart on a black background) and set it to your windows background as tiled. On my computer the Horizontal lines were fine, but the vertical lines would form a wave pattern. Try adjusting your refresh rate up and down and watch what happens to the motion in the lines.

I noticed that at higher refresh rates, this effect becomes much less noticable. Lower resolutions are often run at higher refresh rates, so this may explain why you don't see it at the lower res.

Unfortuantly I haven't come up with a solution apart from adjusting the refresh rate high enough to the point where the distortion is barely noticable.

If anyone has another solution, I'd really like to hear it.

-----------------
Finagle's Law:
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Fat_Electron on 02/11/02 04:56 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I had a similar problem not long ago with a 17 inch moniter. Sadly that moniter eventually went kaput. If you have a warenty I would send it in right away.

If you don't get to worried becuase it took a while for mine to die.