Monitor Displaying Green Tint

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
Hi guys! a few days ago, my dad came in with a POS HP unit along with an LED HP monitor, I swapped that monitor to my monitor since it's an LED one, there was a problem tho. sometimes when I boot the PC the monitor shows it in a high green tint

bXLTWcm.jpg

but then after a few minutes it goes back to normal. I thought it was my video card since the tint last about 2 to 3 minutes, I plugged in my HDMI to the LCD TV i have and it was fine. the tint doesn't always happen, I thought it was the monitor warming up the colors or adjusting or it was something with my video card. I have the latest AMD Drivers, using R9 270x, I tried adjusting or setting the monitor to default. It doesn't always boot like this, sometimes it boosts up normally, it just happens often.

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
hahaha thanks! there are no inputs but using the previous monitor (which was just an LCD) there weren't anything like this. also when the monitor picks up a signal (i.e. booting up the pc) it displays an OSD message saying "Output: VGA Active" and then below it a huge color bar (Green, then red and blue, i think but green was first)

dark_blitz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2012
BUMP: Ok so here's what I did in the last 10 days, I swapped the VGA cable (didn't work) and while it was in a green tint, I swapped it immediately with my LCD TV (PC Source/Input) and it didn't display green, I even plugged it back to the HP monitor immediately and it STILL displayed in green tint, also an update on my previous post: the color bar displays Red first and then green (RGB - I'm such an idiot) the tint disappears after a couple of minutes and it happens mostly when I turn the AVR off, the monitor power cable is plugged in from an Extension cord, not the AVR.