Monitor For GTX 1070 Single Player / Multiplayer Games

Oct 5, 2018
I picked up an HP Omen Desktop the other day online. I am having trouble finding the right monitor for me. I only want one monitor, not multiple. I do not use Twitch, I do not stream or anything of the sort. I prefer survival games and single player, with some FPS here and there like Destiny 2 and in the coming months, Anthem. I currently enjoy Shadow of War, The Forest, State Of Decay 2, etc. My desktop specs are below, can you suggest a monitor for my needs? I do play online games but I am by no means competitive / eSports type of play. I just want to ensure the monitor I buy will provide the best experience to compliment the system I have lol.

HP Omen Desktop (Model 870-213w)
Intel Core i7-7700
Nvidia Gtx 1070 8GB Graphic Card
16GB DDR4 Memory
256GB SSD + 1TB HD
Windows 10 home

I have been thinking I would be good with a 1080p 144Hz monitor. I would love the option for a bit of a wide screen, curved if possible, for this system to enjoy the beauty in open world games. I open open to suggestions, price I am shooting for is between $200-$350 that is the goal but if a monitor will have the performance to match the PC I will spend a little more lol. Does anyone know a good wide curved monitor for this system? Or have a suggestion best value monitor for the cost to make my PC as good as it can look on the screen?

Oct 5, 2018
I am open to 1080p or 1440p if it is good for my needs. I last played PC games with a 60Hz IPS 24" monitor FHD 1080p and it was nice. If i can get even greater image quality in open world games with a better monitor / resolution I am all for it.