Question Monitor freeze and flicker after pc switched on

Dec 8, 2022
Pls Help
I was playing Roblox and suddenly my screen froze. I switched it on then off but it still continued after I loaded up Roblox. Then the more is switch it on and off in a row the faster it freezes after logging in. After it freezes it goes blank or shows random colours even the monitor would stop detecting the pc and the keyboard would turn off.

I tried dusting and taking out the gpu and ram and putting it back in but the problem continued. Also with the knowledge I had I knew that if the keyboard or mouse was not working then it could be the rams problem so I tested each ram slot individually with different ram but it didn’t change the problem .

I have 2 monitors disconnected 1 as I makes the pc freeze up faster when there is 2

I think it’s the ram as when I do anything that requires it’s usage it glitched but also the gpu could be the problem I have no clue pls help

I7 2600 3.4ghz
770 nivida gpu
Ddr3 16gb ram 1 is 1600 mhz the other 2400 but it has worked fine for 1 to 2 years
B75 intel chipset
EVGA 600 watts power new got it about a few months back.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

16gb ram 1 is 1600 mhz the other 2400
Those are mismatched sticks of ram, what are the makes and models of both sticks?

600 watts power
600 watts is the advertised wattage of the unit. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Are you working with a prebuilt desktop system?