[SOLVED] monitor ghosting issue

Osama Nawaz

Distinguished
May 5, 2015
I'm not sure if this is ghosting or not but there is an issue with my LED

Whenever I move my mouse the color black blurs. I don't really know how to describe this but I can show with an image.

images

Something like this happens but only with the color black it seems. not sure if other dark colors are effected too.
Ive tried everything, change the cable from DP to hdmi, connect it to internal graphics, change the power cord but still have this issue so I think its the monitor thats causing it. I don't have this issue with my older monitor.

The monitor is a used VG2439 smh. Should I return it as it seems defective or is there another issue?

Solution
That can sometimes be an issue with VA panels screens like that, where pixel response times when changing from black to other colors can be relatively slow. And that particular model first came out around 5 years ago, so the black response times are probably not as good as many newer, high refresh-rate VA panels.

If there's an option in the monitor's settings to increase "overdrive" or "response times", you might try setting that to a faster setting, but too much overdrive can introduce "inverse ghosting" artifacts itself.
That can sometimes be an issue with VA panels screens like that, where pixel response times when changing from black to other colors can be relatively slow. And that particular model first came out around 5 years ago, so the black response times are probably not as good as many newer, high refresh-rate VA panels.

If there's an option in the monitor's settings to increase "overdrive" or "response times", you might try setting that to a faster setting, but too much overdrive can introduce "inverse ghosting" artifacts itself.

Solution

Osama Nawaz

Distinguished
May 5, 2015

I see so its a problem with VA monitors. I will just replace it and get another type then.

It has a response time setting yes but changing it did not make any visible difference to me. The dark colors still form a trail.