Question Monitor goes black on new pc when playing games

Jul 24, 2024
So i build a new pc today and everything worked for a few hours but now if i fire up a game it will work for a few minutes and then my screen goes black saying i lost signal and i have to power off the pc. I have tried to fix it with expo on and off, i have tried to install drivers for motherboard, gpu and cpu. I also tried it with just a bare windows and no drivers installed.I checked every connection and its all secure. Did a memory check and nothing came up. I did a memtest and it passed. all temperatures look fine in hwinfo. I updated bios to latest version and to a version from 2 months ago. Crashes dont occur when doing a Gpu and cpu test in cinebench.
I just cant find the issuePls help :(
SpecsAmd ryzen 7 7800x3d
Asus tuf gaming b650 plus wifi
Asus proart 4070S
Furry ddr5 6000
850w 80+ gold from corsair
2tb 980 pro nvme
Dark rock 5 pro cooler

Jul 24, 2024
Start by looking in Reliability History/Monitor for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that were logged just before or at the times that the screen went black.

Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
Im on bios version 2613 and there are no errors on reliabilty history, only that windows didnt shut off properly. My monitor just went black again, i could still talk to my friends for like 10 seconds and then they coudnt hear me anymore, but i could still hear them.

Last edited: