Question Monitor green light blinking but no display from pc

Apr 6, 2021
So the old monitor started going on and off every second or so, but it would display normal screen in that half a second.
Then I figured out whatever, I will just buy a similar one used and problem solved. However, when I got the new one and connected the good old VGA cable, the light on the bottom of the monitor would go green then off, then repeat and so on.

I just thought that it's dead and I got scammed, but when unplugged the display shows flying box with "check signal cable" and it works normal, no shutdowns or anything. But as soon as its connected to the pc only black screen.
Tried a different power cable, same result, tried another vga cable, same result

I don't have a second desktop to test it there.
Does anyone know what it might be, and can I solve it?

Lutfij

Titan
To rule out that the panel you bought, second hand that is, hook the panel up to a donor system or even a laptop that has the necessary display output that caters to the used display. You will also need to swap cables to rule out that the display cable might've given out over time.

You should've done the same thing to your existing(assumed) dead monitor before you pulled the trigger on the pseudo new panel.

Make and model of your GPU? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Version of OS, if you're on Windows 10?

Apr 6, 2021
I did try other cables, both vga and power, and the result was the same.

I also tried new cables with the old monitor, but it's 100% dead
Now I don't have a secondary tower or laptop to test it, so both the pc and monitor are going to a repair shop.

Gpu intel integrated
Psu is a 400W MSU
OS Windows 7 32bit