[SOLVED] Monitor hz problem

Apr 12, 2020
Hello, I been using a 144hz monitor for the past year and I had no problem with it, today I decided to format my pc and after I was done of formatting I wanted to put my monitor to 144hz which I did, few hours past and I came back and turned my pc on, I saw that my monitor is stuck at 120hz and I can't seem to change it (in windows or nivida)

NOTE :for the past year it showed me that its 144hz on both windows and nivida / am using the cable that came with the MO itor which it's HDMI-HDTV

The monitor is : aoc g2590px

I hope you guys help me, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Still no, I have HDMI-HDTV and I ordered displayport to displayport and hopefully it fix it or I hope someone tell us solution, I will notify you once I find solution
Still no, I have HDMI-HDTV and I ordered displayport to displayport and hopefully it fix it or I hope someone tell us solution, I will notify you once I find solution
try out to roll-back or download manually older drivers. i found out that the latest nvidia driver which came out 3 days ago dont allow 144Hz with my monitor. So i installed previous driver again and fixed the issue.
super weird but yeah, prolly because of i use vsync monitor with RTX2070

Ndvidia Driver 446.14 works perfectly
Latest version 451.48 is screwed for my monitor

I really hope...

reimpsel

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hey man

Did you solved the problem? Thats <Mod Edit> unreal, i have exactly the same problem. Yesterday, in the middle on gaming i discovered that my fps is stuck in 120 in apex legends, when i start solving the problem i see that monitor settings Hz is stucked in 120 and cant go higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 12, 2020
Hey man

Did you solved the problem? Thats <Mod Edit> unreal, i have exactly the same problem. Yesterday, in the middle on gaming i discovered that my fps is stuck in 120 in apex legends, when i start solving the problem i see that monitor settings Hz is stucked in 120 and cant go higher.

Last edited:

reimpsel

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
try out to roll-back or download manually older drivers. i found out that the latest nvidia driver which came out 3 days ago dont allow 144Hz with my monitor. So i installed previous driver again and fixed the issue.

I really hope that helps you too, because it was truly pain playing less then 144Hz.

Solution
Apr 12, 2020

I really hope that helps you too, because it was truly pain playing less then 144Hz.
Thanks alot, yeah it worked for me