[SOLVED] Monitor is continuously restarting ?

Nov 28, 2020
Hi,
So around a year ago my monitor started having an issue where it needed some time to "officially" start up.
What I mean by this, is that the monitor would turn itself on and off for around 10minutes ( sometimes longer, sometimes shorter) till it actually turned on.
- - As in, for a ms the blue startup screen would show ( along with a white turn on light at the bottom right turning on) for 1 ms then both the monitor and that power light (?) would turn off for a 1ms - creating a flickering effect till it actually worked.

Anyways recently it has gotten a lot worse, where it'll just keep repeating this and not actually turning itself on at all.

Any Idea what this could be?

I doubt it could have anything to do with my computer, hdmi cable, etc - as the issue happens without the hdmi cable even being plugged in.

Monitor = Philips 234E5QHAB/00

has it finally died perhaps?
is it repairable?

Solution
it appears to be using a power adapter instead of a regular power cord like you computer uses. could try another power adapter with same voltage output & same wattage or higher output as old adapter uses. i think that your adapter is alright but the problem is to do with internal board in the back of monitor as sounds like a bad capacitor. have you ever taken a monitor apart & do soldering or know somebody who has?
it appears to be using a power adapter instead of a regular power cord like you computer uses. could try another power adapter with same voltage output & same wattage or higher output as old adapter uses. i think that your adapter is alright but the problem is to do with internal board in the back of monitor as sounds like a bad capacitor. have you ever taken a monitor apart & do soldering or know somebody who has?

Solution
Nov 28, 2020
I apologize for not replying earlier (didnt get any email notifications for some reason).
yeah I've since contacted some repair shops to see if they may have a different adapter for me to use and test the monitor- but no luck as of yet so might have to order one online to test if it's still working.
And as far as soldering goes, I do actually have a family member that's really into cars / soldering / repairing electronics as a hobby / side job, so I may ask him to take a look at it within a month ( only issue being if I'm even allowed to visit him depending on corona rules as I live in NL & he lives in BE), but thanks for the advice- I'll look into it.

TRENDING THREADS