Question Monitor Keeps Displaying 1920x1080 even when it's 1366x768

droborja

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Hi guys, I've been googling this for a while now and haven't found any answer.

I use an LG 1366x768 monitor and I recently downloaded Star Wars the Old Republic. After running it, my monitor went out of range. I tried changing the resolution back to 1366x768 using my busted Samsung monitor and after reconnecting it to my LG monitor, it still goes out of range. And when I connect my pc to my Samsung monitor it shows that the resolution is 1920x1080. It keeps doing that, I even tried safe mode and low resolution video and its still the same.

When I shut down my pc using my Samsung monitor and boot it up using my LG monitor, it works just fine but my display settings show that I'm still using my Samsung. And when I restart my pc, it goes out of range again. I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts on this?

droborja

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Ok. I'll give this a shot. I didn't think it could be a driver issue since it only involved my monitor resolution. Will let you know if it works. Thanks.

Just an update, I did this and still no luck. My LG monitor still shows "out of range 67.4kz/60kz"

I tried connecting my other monitor and lowered the refresh rate but when I connect it back to the LG monitor, it still shows out of range. :/

droborja

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
I'm really out of ideas for this one. Still haven't found any related topics on google and I still haven't found someone that has encountered the same issue. Guess I'll just stick with my busted monitor for now. Any ideas/help would be appreciated though.