[SOLVED] Monitor locked at 60hz

Oct 21, 2020
So I turned on my pc today, and there was no display output. I switched the dp output, and the display worked. Then, the monitor was locked at 60hz. For clarification, this is a xiaomi 144hz 3k 34 inch monitor. I have used nvidia control panel, and advanced display settings. It also sometimes flashes son and off. Thanks for any help

Solution
No, the gpu is daisy chained. The pc is working again though, after replugging in the DP cable. It's still locked at 60hz though.
Owww thats could be part of your issue people really need to do reasearch daisy chaining a 10xx/20xx/30xx is sooooo bad.... You are only provideing half the power needed for the card..... You have to have to have to have 2 or more cables..... The power cable is only rated to carry 125ish wats plus the 50ish wats the pcie port provides. So the card is only getting like a max of 175ish wats.... But to be fair now that i did a little research as writing this you maybe hitting the MINIMUM power requirments for the card.
So I turned on my pc today, and there was no display output. I switched the dp output, and the display worked. Then, the monitor was locked at 60hz. For clarification, this is a xiaomi 144hz 3k 34 inch monitor. I have used nvidia control panel, and advanced display settings. It also sometimes flashes son and off. Thanks for any help
Full system speccs and run userbenchmark and post a link with your results.

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, right now my pc is barely working. The monitor is turning on and off, is artifacting, and the gpu rgb is flickering. The gpu is a gigabyte 1080 xtreme. The pc has a 7700k with 32gb ram, a z270 maximus hero and a corsair rm1000i. I can't get the userbenchmark results because it isn't working.

No, the gpu is daisy chained. The pc is working again though, after replugging in the DP cable. It's still locked at 60hz though.
Owww thats could be part of your issue people really need to do reasearch daisy chaining a 10xx/20xx/30xx is sooooo bad.... You are only provideing half the power needed for the card..... You have to have to have to have 2 or more cables..... The power cable is only rated to carry 125ish wats plus the 50ish wats the pcie port provides. So the card is only getting like a max of 175ish wats.... But to be fair now that i did a little research as writing this you maybe hitting the MINIMUM power requirments for the card.

Solution