Monitor loses connection randomly.

SpartanIV

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
As said in the title, after turning on my pc, my computer monitor randomly loses connection and the monitor displays a message saying that is in 'power saving mode' and my pc continues to run. I have to hold the power button to turn it off and after turning it on again it boots up fine. This has happened several times over the past week and happens within time of me using my pc from 5 minutes to a few hours.

Solution
Sounds like one of your ports is on either your GPU or Monitor is bad, or the cable itself. try a new cable, if it still does it, try a new monitor, if it still does it then, try using a new GPU just to be sure it's not a Windows or driver issue. If you don't have a seperate GPU and are using your Onboard graphics, throw in a card of any sort and see if that works as well.

deadmaufive

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Sounds like one of your ports is on either your GPU or Monitor is bad, or the cable itself. try a new cable, if it still does it, try a new monitor, if it still does it then, try using a new GPU just to be sure it's not a Windows or driver issue. If you don't have a seperate GPU and are using your Onboard graphics, throw in a card of any sort and see if that works as well.

Solution

SpartanIV

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
It seems to be fixed :) I changed my monitor and the output is now through the hdmi (it was vga before) also changed the power options and the problem hasn't happened for a few days now. Hopefully its permanently fixed!