Monitor loses signal

indian4

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Just rebuilt my computer and got the system updated but now the monitor will randomly stop getting a signal from the tower and go to sleep. I have no idea what is causing the problem but once the monitor loses the signal it doesn't come back. I have checked when the monitor loses signal to see if the GPU stops spinning but it doesn't. The only old parts from my old build is my PSU, HDD, and GPU.
What could be causing this trouble? I am using Win7 professional 64-bit and monitor is connected by a basic monitor cord.

my hardware:

MB: ASUS P8Z77-v pro
CPU: Intel i7-3770K
GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengance
PSU: Antec 500W 80PLUS Bronze
HDD: 1TB Seagate
Monitor: hp 2711x

Solution

It can be a psu.
For playing games, some probably you can play, some not. Try installing directx from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

indian4

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
So already had sleep and hibernate disabled. I will try my spare monitor but this didn't occur before I rebuilt my computer and the monitor was part of the old build forgot to write that in as well.

Thugginator

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
It honestly sounds like a a problem with the ports on either the monitor or the GPU. Maybe its the cord, So try a different cord. If that doesnt work, there might be a possibility that the ports OR the GPU somehow were damaged in the process in building the new computer. Try a new GPU maybe, and a different monitor maybe?

indian4

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
So far so good with removing the GPU but could this be a power problem from the PSU because it doesn't have to power a discrete GPU as well as everything else.

indian4

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
One question, with the onboard GPU should I be able to play low quality games like half life, sniper elite or league of legends? says error direct3d others wont even start.

mironso

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

It can be a psu.
For playing games, some probably you can play, some not. Try installing directx from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Solution