Aug 6, 2024
I have a problem where monitor looses signal when launching certain games, meanwhile some other games work alright. I also get no signal when booting pc into recovery mode or BIOS. I wanted to check something in BIOS considering the problem and i wasn't able to. I thought maybe i may pressing the wrong key or something but i restarted the pc from cmd and still nothing happens.

Of course i checked the cables, connected them between TV and it's receiver and the cables work perfectly. Then i tried to connect the pc to tv and got no signal, which confused me also because it was working few months ago. Sometimes signal appears on TV but only in 640x480 which is weird. This happens after rebooting not when fiddling with cables.

I tried reverting GPU drivers and windows updates and that didn't help.

On this forum and many other places i read it might be a faulty PSU, but the examples i read describe loosing signal after a game is played for some time. As i understood in that case GPU lacks power and it stops sending the signal. I tested GPU in FurMark for 20 min: 99% usage, max temp hotspot: 83 celsius, VRAM usage: about 7%. Monitor remains working which kind of makes everything even more confusing...

I still suspect it's PSU, but also computer is new prebuilt bought like 6 months ago so anything failing in such a short period of time is weird. I have warranty but i don't want to be without my pc for a month. I would likely to buy new PSU immediately if that's causing the problem.

What else can i try to be sure it's PSU? Any help is welcomed.

GPU: RX 6600 8GB (I think SWIFT)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5500 3.6 Ghz
MotherBoard: Biostar B450MH
PSU: Its 600 W i think FSP600-51 AAC

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliabililty History/Monitor and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the times of the lost signals.

= = = =

New Build - another thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place. They can and do work loose due to expansion/contraction and vibrations.

Use a bright flashlight to look for signs of damage.