[SOLVED] Monitor no signal and gpu or cpu fan spin at full speed

Oct 5, 2019
I recently got my pc a month ago and i have been having this issue where whenever i’m playing video games after 30 mins or so the monitor jus loses signal and the fans go 100 percent i’m not sure which my keyboard and mouse still has lights and so does my pc i can even hear my friends in the discord call and the only way is to hard reset the pc sometimes it would take longer to crash but once it does the more frequent it happens i have resetted my pc software removing all software issues and it still happen again i started deducing it was gpu issue so i request for a new one and got it but issue was still happening i got sick and tired of this and brought it to a distributor and they said all the parts are fine but i’m still having this issue. i’m still new to all this pc stuff so i’m currently really lost as to what to do

pc specs
CPU:i5 9400k
GPU: rtx 2060
RAM:16gb ddr4 ram
motherboard: Prime H310M-A (asus)
PSU:500W 80+PSU

Solution
s

so i should take out my gpu and test it? however when i restarted my bios the crash happened but this time it took a while

The easiest way to verify if it is your motherboard PCIE at the crux of it is to 1. test the gpu in another motherboard and see if the issue occurs and 2. use a different GPU (preferably something in the same power draw range) with your motherboard.

The way I realized it was the PCIE connection and not the GPU was I put in two different GPUs (issue was with a 980Ti, so I put in an R9 Nano and then a 1080ti), simultaneously I put that 980Ti in another computer; in both cases the issue did not repeat. So, in my case PCIE was good; however, I had not noticed a slight gap offset with the card originally...

bohemond1099

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
Um, before reinstalling Windows I would try setting your CPU to stock clocks if overclocked (same for GPU obviously), pulling the CMOS battery from your motherboard for about 30 seconds, trying a different monitor or tv/mouse/keyboard, take a look at how the GPU is seated in the PCIE slot (if you overtightened or undertightened the retaining screw and ensuring the card is fully inserted), and trying another PCIE slot; in your case since you only have 1 slot I believe, I would try the GPU in another PC or a buddy's pc. I have had this happen before and it was a bad contact between the GPU and the PCIE slot. Also not sure what other components like SSDs, HDDs, DVD/BD drives, Soundcards, fans, LEDs, etc. you have, but it wouldn't take too much to push you over that 500W PSU threshold.

Oct 5, 2019
s
Um, before reinstalling Windows I would try setting your CPU to stock clocks if overclocked (same for GPU obviously), pulling the CMOS battery from your motherboard for about 30 seconds, trying a different monitor or tv/mouse/keyboard, take a look at how the GPU is seated in the PCIE slot (if you overtightened or undertightened the retaining screw and ensuring the card is fully inserted), and trying another PCIE slot; in your case since you only have 1 slot I believe, I would try the GPU in another PC or a buddy's pc. I have had this happen before and it was a bad contact between the GPU and the PCIE slot. Also not sure what other components like SSDs, HDDs, DVD/BD drives, Soundcards, fans, LEDs, etc. you have, but it wouldn't take too much to push you over that 500W PSU threshold.
so i should take out my gpu and test it? however when i restarted my bios the crash happened but this time it took a while

bohemond1099

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
s

The easiest way to verify if it is your motherboard PCIE at the crux of it is to 1. test the gpu in another motherboard and see if the issue occurs and 2. use a different GPU (preferably something in the same power draw range) with your motherboard.

The way I realized it was the PCIE connection and not the GPU was I put in two different GPUs (issue was with a 980Ti, so I put in an R9 Nano and then a 1080ti), simultaneously I put that 980Ti in another computer; in both cases the issue did not repeat. So, in my case PCIE was good; however, I had not noticed a slight gap offset with the card originally which was no doubt leading to the same issue you are having every 20-40 minutes.

Solution
Oct 5, 2019

The way I realized it was the PCIE connection and not the GPU was I put in two different GPUs (issue was with a 980Ti, so I put in an R9 Nano and then a 1080ti), simultaneously I put that 980Ti in another computer; in both cases the issue did not repeat. So, in my case PCIE was good; however, I had not noticed a slight gap offset with the card originally which was no doubt leading to the same issue you are having every 20-40 minutes.
i see so does this conclude that the card might be faulty however i checked with the rma distributor and they said the card was perfectly fine

bohemond1099

Reputable
Oct 6, 2019
i see so does this conclude that the card might be faulty however i checked with the rma distributor and they said the card was perfectly fine

In my case it was not the card that was faulty, since the card worked in another PC; the issue was in the connection of the card with the PCIE slot on the computer where I had issues.

TRENDING THREADS