Question Monitor No Signal Error Only In One House

Feb 18, 2019
Hello. I am having an issue with the desktop and monitor set-up that I have been using for years, in that it displays a No Signal Error despite both the tower and the monitor (visibly) working properly. I have recently moved and have been attempting to get my set-up to work in the new home I am renting.

After some trial-and-error, I took the set-up to a repair store. To my astonishment, it booted properly and without any errors there.

It does not work anywhere in this house- downstairs or upstairs. I have tested several different rooms. All of the other electronics in the house work fine (including the router, my laptop, and a large TV).

What's especially curious is that I am in contact with a previous and long-term resident, and he has had a working desktop setup in several different locations throughout the house.

It is also, perhaps, worth mentioning that connecting the tower to the TV via HDMI cable does not work, either.

To reiterate, the monitor turns on properly and so does the tower. Both seem to be performing their role, but the image does not go through. I have also tested this with different (new) cables and different (borrowed) monitors and outputs (DVI-D, VGA, and HDMI). The result is the same.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the issue in question? I am somewhat at a loss at this point in time, and would greatly appreciate any assistance rendered.

Since you say you've recently moved, open the system case (unplug from mains of course) and make sure the graphics card is properly seated in the PCI/PCIe slot.
For good measure, remove it then firmly push it back fully in to the slot. Then fire it up and see if it works.

(Since you haven't posted system specs, I'm just guessing it has a PCI/PCIe graphics card, but if it hasn't then just ignore the above).

Feb 18, 2019
The set-up works without any issues outside of the house (I watched it boot up normally using monitor when I moved the entire set-up to the repair store to check), so I don't think the issue is the video card- that's also the reason I didn't post specs, since the connection is working fine when it's taken out of the house. I can try remounting the video card if that still could be the issue, but that would definitely take some more investigating- I couldn't figure it out how to dismount it the first time I tried.

Thank you. Do you have any other ideas as to what the symptom might represent?