Jun 18, 2020
So i went on and bought a second hand I7 4770 processor, Asus H81m-k motherboard and a 16gb ram hyper fury x. Then i proceed to build it with my gtx 960ti gpu but the monitor says no vga signal. The HSF and cooler fans are working. i tried and plugged in the mouse and keyboard and that seems to work cuz it lit up. I dont know what is the problem. im really new at this so if anyone can help me il be really grateful.

Solution
i think its an asus VS197DE. i tried conneecting it on the gpu but still no signal. i also tried removing the gpu and then connecting the vga cable on the motherboard but still no signsl

If this is your monitor, then it only has one analog, D-SUB input. It won't work with your graphics card without an active adapter. If you shut down your computer, physically removed the graphics card, connected the monitor to your motherboard's VGA (D-SUB) output and restarted the system, you should have gotten a display.

There are only two scenarios in which this is not the case:
  1. There is a damaged component.
  2. The integrated graphics has been manually disabled in BIOS.

In the first case, there's really nothing to do...

Wolfshadw

Titan
What is the model number of the monitor and how is it connected to the PC?
Are you connecting the display to the graphics card output and not the motherboard output?
If you remove the graphics card and connect the display to the motherboard, does it work then?

-Wolf sends

Jun 18, 2020
What is the model number of the monitor and how is it connected to the PC?
Are you connecting the display to the graphics card output and not the motherboard output?
If you remove the graphics card and connect the display to the motherboard, does it work then?

-Wolf sends

i think its an asus VS197DE. i tried conneecting it on the gpu but still no signal. i also tried removing the gpu and then connecting the vga cable on the motherboard but still no signsl

Jun 18, 2020
It's about RAM speed, not GB. When you say old RAM you mean that before the PC booted with that RAM or is it the RAM of another PC?
ohhh sorry i didnt know that. its from my old pc. when i bought it from my friend the components are still working. i even tried using it and the components work but when i tried to build it the monitor aint displaying signal

D

Deleted member 1272431

ohhh sorry i didnt know that. its from my old pc. when i bought it from my friend the components are still working. i even tried using it and the components work but when i tried to build it the monitor aint displaying signal

Don't worry, you'll learn soon enough. But that is the point. Building a PC does not mean putting together a motherboard, processor, graphics and RAM and aeverything works (life would be wonderful if everything was like that).
Each of those components needs to be compatible with the other. Your motherboard supports up to 1600MHz RAM, it has further limitations wrt max RAM size. Crosscheck specs limitations between motherboard, CPU and RAM.

I assume since you are a beginner you did not plug in motherboard audio components which, if not pre-built, might be causing you not to hear beeping sounds that signal the RAM is not being recognized by your system.

If you have one at hand, try a 1600MHz RAM stick, 2GB or 4GB, see if the system boots and if you get the image.
If so, that was your issue. If not, we'll dig a little deeper.

Wolfshadw

Titan

If this is your monitor, then it only has one analog, D-SUB input. It won't work with your graphics card without an active adapter. If you shut down your computer, physically removed the graphics card, connected the monitor to your motherboard's VGA (D-SUB) output and restarted the system, you should have gotten a display.

In the first case, there's really nothing to do except get an active HDMI to VGA adapter.
In the second case, you can try to reset the BIOS by clearing CMOS (remove the battery from the motherboard for about 5 minutes).

HQJ8bvd.jpg

Removing the CMOS battery should reset BIOS to it's default settings and if the integrated graphics were manually disabled, then resetting BIOS should re-enable them.

-Wolf sends

@Tommaso De Portu - Just a note: That motherboard supports RAM speeds of up to DDR3-2800. However, it will run, clocked down to DDR3-1600.

Solution
Jun 18, 2020

In the first case, there's really nothing to do except get an active HDMI to VGA adapter.
In the second case, you can try to reset the BIOS by clearing CMOS (remove the battery from the motherboard for about 5 minutes).

HQJ8bvd.jpg

Removing the CMOS battery should reset BIOS to it's default settings and if the integrated graphics were manually disabled, then resetting BIOS should re-enable them.

-Wolf sends

@Tommaso De Portu - Just a note: That motherboard supports RAM speeds of up to DDR3-2800. However, it will run, clocked down to DDR3-1600.
il try this tomorrow and hopefully it works. il keep you guys updated and thanks again.