gremlin3378

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
I'm looking for a monitor for 3d animation and photorgaphy purposes. I'm currently an animation student, but also plan to do some freelance photography work. I also do a bit of gaming, mostly single player cinematic and RPGs. I've been looking at the SW2700PT($599) for a while now and thought it would be the perfect monitor for photography purposes with the 99% adobe coverage. I also liked that it had the separate B+W mode. However, I recently found the Benq EW3270U ($499) which offers 4k resolution, freesync, and a 3000:1 static contrast ratio. While it doesn't cover as much of the adobe color space as the SW2700PT, it does cover 88% of it which I would still consider to be acceptable. I've also considered the LG27UK650-W($499)

Anybody who could share their experiences with these monitors would be greatly appreciated. Also, If their is another monitor that you think might serve my purposes better, please share.

Last edited:

Bentp2019

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
As I know, SW2700PT is dedicated to photography works. It supports 99% Adobe RGB, as you mentioned, and each of them is individually factory-calibrated to ensure the color is as accurate as possible. This model also comes with a set of detachable shading hood that effectively reduces the interference from the ambient light. On the other hand, EW3280U is more like a home entertaining monitor. It can display at 4K@60Hz with HDRi (HDR400 certificated), and with two speakers and a subwoofer that can provide an immersive experience for gaming and movies. Anyway, if you wanna use it for design and photography, my vote goes to SW2700PT.

Nov 18, 2020
I have just seen this post (as I have only just registered) and you are most likely sorted out now, but this might help someone else. I read a good review recently (which I have mislaid...I will post it if I find it)....that stated for photo editing the higher static contrast ratio is the opposite to what is needed for photo editing, they said that a lower 1000:1 is perfect for this purpose as opposed to higher ratio for either moving image or games. I am myself researching monitors with a view to buying. I agree with Bentp2019 that the sw2700pt is a good choice.

gremlin3378

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
I have just seen this post (as I have only just registered) and you are most likely sorted out now, but this might help someone else. I read a good review recently (which I have mislaid...I will post it if I find it)....that stated for photo editing the higher static contrast ratio is the opposite to what is needed for photo editing, they said that a lower 1000:1 is perfect for this purpose as opposed to higher ratio for either moving image or games. I am myself researching monitors with a view to buying. I agree with Bentp2019 that the sw2700pt is a good choice.
Yeah, I plan to get the SW2700PT. I'm just monitoring Ebay for a used one. I've seen a few of them that sold recently for around 300-350. Personally, I can't bring myself to spend $600 on a monitor.